cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mchermann
Fanfold Paper
Views: 863
Message 31 of 64

Betreff: X1 Yoga 3rd Gen Crash on LTE (Fibocom L850-GL) during high speed download/heavy use

Same Issue with my X1 Yoga 3rd. BSOD by high Speed transfer via WWAN.

LJKH
Paper Tape
Views: 823
Message 32 of 64

Re: X1 Yoga 3rd Gen Crash on LTE (Fibocom L850-GL) during high speed download/heavy use

Same problem for me. And to me it seems like a driver issue.

Running the Lenovo Vantage It confirms the latest driver (2.0.1.44) is installed, but after a Blue Screen -running on WiFi - it says it’s a critical necessary driver update has to be installed. I even have a screenshot showing both that it’confirmed installed and has to be installed at the same time. 

What is even stranger is that when I go into windows to look at the Fibocom 850 unit it’s registered a completely differrent driver and Windows say it’s the latest. 

Has Lenovo sold us useless and outdated LTE?

I seriously consider to buypass Lenovo and ditch the Vantage app with an ISO clean install. Anyone have any experiences with that? Will it be possible to find the driver somewhere else?

michele654
Punch Card
Views: 703
Message 33 of 64

Re: X1 Yoga 3rd Gen Crash on LTE (Fibocom L850-GL) during high speed download/heavy use

Same as everyone, windows 10 1809 suddenly BSOD on my X1 Yoga 3rd gen with the Fibcom card.

Lenovo drivers won't install, says the generic Microsoft drivers are the most recent drivers for the product.

Other than the 100Mb speed, I wish I could get 100Mb, I'm thrilled to see 15...  but still random crashes with the BSOD complaining about Page Fault in Non Paged Area, netadaptercx.sys

nevetssf
Punch Card
Views: 673
Message 34 of 64

FWIW, I just submitted a service request. I figure at least this way Lenovo will know about it. I suspect they'll start swapping out parts but if they do it enough maybe they'll actually fix the drivers.

alteriks
Paper Tape
Views: 634
Message 35 of 64

I've just installed new driver NZ3WJ14W on my X1 Carbon Gen6 but it's still to early to say that this will fix the issue

<2.0.1.46> (NZ3WJ14W)
-(New) Driver stability and performance improvements.
-(New) Improved the firmware update notification with better readability.

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/pl/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/THINKPAD-X-SERIES-LAPTOPS/THINKPAD-...

untess
Fanfold Paper
Views: 625
Message 36 of 64

The new driver version seems promising. I downloaded 1,8GB Ubuntu ISO with speed varying between 50-100Mbit and there was no blue screen Smiley Happy

Highlighted
alteriks
Paper Tape
Views: 617
Message 37 of 64

Unfortunately I've got first BSOD on nz3wj14w Fibocom L850-GL Wireless WAN Driver.

I was using Netflix, youtube and downloading ISO concurently. I'm fedup with this and will reinstall 1709 this week. 

untess
Fanfold Paper
Views: 602
Message 38 of 64

I downloaded the same file and started Spotify, blue screen almost imediately Smiley Sad

LJKH
Paper Tape
Views: 595
Message 39 of 64

After installing the driver version released the 1st of Feb 2019, I got an Blue screen right away, BUT with a new error report. Let's hope it's just a start-up thing before it run error free......if not I'm thrilled to hear if those download and install from ISO get a properly running device.

At least Lenovo try to do somehing with the driver problem Smiley Happy .....something they have to do in the future. When 5G is rolled out and replace 4G and WiFi - when it does a properly working driver for the LTE will be crucial to be in business for laptop providers. So scaling up the staff working with that is just to prepare for the future Smiley Happy 

michele654
Punch Card
Views: 586
Message 40 of 64

I installed the latest drivers. It said it did something, but still the same Microsoft drivers, same firmware, same BSOD.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors