cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hvpslam
Fanfold Paper
Views: 574
Message 21 of 48

Re: X1 Yoga 3rd Gen Crash on LTE (Fibocom L850-GL) during high speed download/heavy use

Capture.PNGAustralia support has recommended this solution: turn off Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power. Seems to have done the trick.

untess
Fanfold Paper
Views: 546
Message 22 of 48

Re: X1 Yoga 3rd Gen Crash on LTE (Fibocom L850-GL) during high speed download/heavy use

I already have that option tuned off and still suffer this problem on my X1 gen6.

kazuki2018
Paper Tape
Views: 550
Message 23 of 48

me too. I have same setting, but still BSOD many times.

ilovecats
Fanfold Paper
Views: 522
Message 24 of 48

That setting did not fix for me. It should have nothing to do with our issue. The setting is related to power savings during idle/sleep. Our crashes occur during active heavy use.

OneMorePlease
Paper Tape
Views: 464
Message 25 of 48

Same Problem with Fibocom L850-GL on ThinkPad P52 (Win 10 64 1809, latest Driver & Firmware)

nevetssf
Punch Card
Views: 447
Message 26 of 48

The BSOD's are becoming more frequent for me, several crashes a day. I'm resorting to tethering through my phone.

I'll (reluctantly) go through the motions of filing a service request since modem is effectively useless now. I've had very unsatisfactory experiences with Lenovo/IBM support on these kind of issues but I'm at a loss. I'll update the thread if anything good comes of it.

Please let the thread know if anyone finds a solution!

DasonXM
Paper Tape
Views: 373
Message 27 of 48

Hi All,

My laptop is Thankpad T580 with Fibocom L850-GL also meet this question, hope Lenovo can speed up to solve this issue.

andytansm
What's DOS?
Views: 367
Message 28 of 48

Hi there did you manage to get this fixed? mine is crashing with similar issues
bianco17
Fanfold Paper
Views: 308
Message 29 of 48

It has been 5 weeks since this problem was first reported here. Since then a high number of users using different model Lenovo laptops have confirmed the issue, which is not a minor one.

It is not just a matter of not being able to successfully perform an internet speed test. Mine crashes regularly during normal use as well, i.e. when a new browser tab is loading lots of media content. Other users have reported BSOD crashes during normal use as well. WWAN is rendered largely unusable because of this issue.

Can we at least get confirmation from Lenovo that they are looking into this and working on a fix?

OneMorePlease
Paper Tape
Views: 298
Message 30 of 48

Agree on that. This is a major issue for people like me working in the field. The machine may dump at any time. Five weeks and no reaction doesn't strengthen confidence in Lenovo.

A newly ordered P52 will arrive next week replacing the current one (3rd DOA case in a row). If the problem persists, we'll have to check for alternatives.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors