cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LJKH
Paper Tape
Views: 1,190
Message 41 of 64

Re: X1 Yoga 3rd Gen Crash on LTE (Fibocom L850-GL) during high speed download/heavy use

Hmmmm.......new testing with normal web browsing gave me a THIRD error report. ( I'm not qualified to know what it means)......Lenovo obvioulsy have trouble with their drivers (or something else????)........STAFF UP your WWAN/LTE driver department with resources.....or you will  most likely be out of preffered laptops when 5G replaces 4G and WiFi in the upcoming years!!!!!!!!!

My next purchase will not be an Lenovo if this is not sorted out!!!! I have been a good ambassador for Lenovo for the past decade.......something I would like to continue.....but this issue has to be fixed with highest priority!!!!!.....not just something we do because a few users complain.

OneMorePlease
Paper Tape
Views: 1,096
Message 42 of 64

Re: X1 Yoga 3rd Gen Crash on LTE (Fibocom L850-GL) during high speed download/heavy use

@Lenovo:

The problem exists now for 2 months.

Are you aware?

And if so, will you take steps to solve the issue?

Can we please get any kind of feedback from an official?!

michele654
Punch Card
Views: 1,030
Message 43 of 64

This morning's BSOD trashed a shortcut on my desktop that I had just clicked on before the BSOD.

I had to recreate the shortcut, and fortunately I know how, what it pointed to, and was able to do this.  Not all computer users could.

Let me be clear,

This morning I suffered data loss of a static file on my desktop when the BSOD occurred.  Not data I hadn't saved while editing, or was in the process of creating, but a shortcut link lost the link part. 

This is totally unacceptable.  What will be trashed on the next BSOD?

Lenovo, the fact that you are silent in this is also quite disturbing.  I love my X1 Yoga, but not Lenovo support right now.  Acknowledge there is an issue, and tell us what you are doing to correct it!

-Michele

DasonXM
Paper Tape
Views: 969
Message 44 of 64

Hello Guys,
Update my latest status:
The same occur BSOD after update driver to latest posted on Lenovo website.
I am no idea for this question.....>"<
I am disappointed with Lenovo’s lack of attention.

My T580's SW codition as below list:
BIOS: 1.18
Fibocom L850-GL Driver package versions 2.0.1.46:
- 0.9.4.149 (Intel XMM7360-P WWAN)
- 9.5.9.647 (ModemControl Device)
- 3.17763.1019.1 (Fibocom GNSS Sensor)
- 18500.5003.42.2 (FirmwareUpdateDriver)

nevetssf
Punch Card
Views: 960
Message 45 of 64

I'm not sure if this is really a solution, but I haven't had any BSOD's after several (maybe 6?) hours of use on LTE with heavy use, where I used to have a BSOD every few minutes.

Here's what I did:

1) Completely un-installed all the LTE-related drivers, per the 'readme' that comes with the latest drivers.

2) Rebooted my computer (T480, latest Windows 10 Pro, blah blah)

3) Installed nz3wj14w.exe from the Lenovo Web site (Lenovo Vantage didn't pick up the new drivers, don't know why)

4) Rebooted again

You might give it a try. I'm sorry in advance for the time on this earth you (and we all!) have had to mess with this cr*p! On our death beds, will we be thankful we finally got our Fibocomm modems working...?

(Also, Lenovo was going to send an engineer out to swap my modem, but I told him to hold off)

Good luck!

kazuki2018
Paper Tape
Views: 946
Message 46 of 64

Hi,

I followed your instruction. I has tested during 2.5hours, no BSOD happened. During 2.5h, I used heavy date use, as iTunes download, Speedtest.net, etc. However no BSOD.

It looks good, I wloud like to  test it ,next few days.

DasonXM
Paper Tape
Views: 912
Message 47 of 64

Hello,

Bad News~

I can reproduce BSOD again after follow the instruction.

My step as below:

1.Unistall those 4 driver from device manager.

2.Reboot.

3.Install nz3wj14w.exe

4.Reboot.

5.Download 2 ISO files in the same time. (The size around 4.5GB per file)

Occur BSOD within 5 mins. @@"

Today is not my day...haha

hvpslam
Fanfold Paper
Views: 706
Message 48 of 64

Still heaps of issues even after getting a new WWAN card installed Smiley Sad again when things are being downloaded at higher speeds is when it is happening.

It was OK for around 2 weeks but perhaps those two weeks I didn't use it much at all. 

https://youtu.be/gny9XdOOz-c

DrFoo
What's DOS?
Views: 530
Message 49 of 64

X1 Carbon 6th Gen - BSOD on LTE (Fibocom L850-GL) during high speed download/heavy use

Hello Community,

hello Lenovo-Team,

I have a X1 Carbon 6th Gen also with the LTE Fibocom L850-GL and I also experience those BSOD.

Drivers are up to date. Already tried all the ideas from the community.

It drives me crazy. Working for customer, producing slides, presenting infront of a customer and then getting that heavy issue is a NOGO for a premium product supplier as you want so be.

I'm posting this to support the community and
HIGHT LIGHT THE ISSUE!

@Lenovo-Team:
I dont want to return the device to the dealer with reference to this problem. After all, this is a hidden defect.
But if no rapid bug fix will be delivered, I have to return it - makes me realy sad.

By the way - see my mini dump review via PNG.MiniDump.PNG

Thanks

castellar
Paper Tape
Views: 484
Message 50 of 64

Re: X1 Carbon 6th Gen - BSOD on LTE (Fibocom L850-GL) during high speed download/heavy use

Hi

I have the same problem on a ThinkPad T480. Lenovo have swapped out modem and motherboard and the problem persists. 

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors