cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Giampiero
What's DOS?
Views: 1,230
Message 51 of 64

Re: X1 Carbon 6th Gen - BSOD on LTE (Fibocom L850-GL) during high speed download/heavy use

I had the same issue for two months, how can this be possible? Has anyone been able to claim some compensation or a full refund from Lenovo? It's like having a phone that cannot make calls. My pc crashed in front of clients several times, this is incredibly embarrassing.

Giampiero

PhilippeDK
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,200
Message 52 of 64

Re: X1 Carbon 6th Gen - BSOD on LTE (Fibocom L850-GL) during high speed download/heavy use

Similar problem here, although if the WWAN is not used heavily, system seems to hold. When I do a load test or heavy download, it crashes very fast.

Tried everything posted, no change. Working in IT myself, so I have all professional support I want, but if the driver is crap....... nobody can do anything.....

So, yes: PLEASE LENOVO, fix this problem. 

a top product like this should not suffer from a stupid problem like this.....

LJKH
Paper Tape
Views: 1,130
Message 53 of 64

Hi, 

Update from my side is;

Lenovo sent me a new SSD disc

They sent me a recovery stick with a 1709 version of Windows 

Result:

It works without BDSO screen (so far). I've seen other has gone back to 1803 verison that's also suppose to work. 

With other words: it seems like the BDSO issue is within the 1809 update - and Lenovo can not make a properly working driver.

Do not know if it's lack of knowledge or will....at least they could communicate what is holding them back, and tell us when it will be fixed.

MY PROBLEM NOW:

The 1709 version do not allow me to download updates throug 4G, and I do not want my pc connected to WIFI (yes; some will call me weird, but the 4G was one of two main reason for chosing Lenovo) 

I'll give Lenovo a few more weeks to sort it out before I do a new ISO clean install with the newest Windows system.

In my eyes;

-4G users in the Business segment - are the early adaptors and the customer segment Lenovo should pay extra attention to  - To me it seems like they do not!!!

- I'm seriously considering moving to the Apple ecosystem, or other vendors. It wount help that I do not get the great keyboard and 4G.....ohhh wait a minute; the 4G do not work with up to date software, it only gives me a lot of work and frustration....I've bought one of the top model to Lenovo that can not run on new software.

- If I swap that will most likely do that my  - so far reccomandations to others of Lenovo - will change to "Stay away" warings and reccommendations of other solutions.

So far I have not started to speculate and reflect over the fact that this issue may have something to do with backdoor strategy/tactic......but I'm pretty close to.

Moderator comment: Post edited to conform with the Community Rules. Keep it clean.

nevetssf
Punch Card
Views: 1,028
Message 54 of 64

Quick follow-up to my earlier post claiming the problem went away with a 'clean' install of the latest drivers.

The NetAdapterCx.sys BSOD  is back. This is my 1st such BSOD since I did the clean re-install, but it's not fixed.

I'm filing another repair request with Lenovo. Although it's likely a driver issue, I want them to feel the pain by paying for a warranty repair. maybe then they'll issue a driver that works.

hvpslam
Fanfold Paper
Views: 994
Message 55 of 64

Just got run up from Premier Service (Australia) that MS have acknowledged that this is a Windows 10 1809 issue, and not a Fibocom issue.

A patch is being worked on urgently by MS and will be pumped out via Windows Update within a matter of days.

Lenovo Employee WWAN101
Lenovo Employee
Views: 946
Message 56 of 64

Re: X1 Yoga 3rd Gen Crash on LTE (Fibocom L850-GL) during high speed download/heavy use

Hello Everyone,

Good day!

Thank you for your patience and valuable feedback in regard to this issue.

Engineers were able to work with our suppliers and an update on RS5 has been released by Microsoft last March 1, 2019 to address this issue.  Please look out for update KB4482887 (OS Build 17763.348).

Thank you all again for your patience.

Admin note: marking as solution for better visibility to others searching whilst awaiting feedback

castellar
Paper Tape
Views: 892
Message 57 of 64

Re: X1 Yoga 3rd Gen Crash on LTE (Fibocom L850-GL) during high speed download/heavy use

Yes, it looks like this update does the trick.

It's a pity that Lenovo service (at least for Spain) doesn't know about it. They have swapped my modem and motherboard. When I told them about this thread, the reply was "the technician knows about the problem and which parts to exchange". The technician was then unable to renew ID and serial numbers on my T480 so I can't get any Lenovo updates.

Three days later and I'm still waiting.

Not an encouraging level of service.
PhilippeDK
Fanfold Paper
Views: 803
Message 58 of 64

Juste tested latest patch on my X1 carbon.

Speedtest always caused BSOD.

Ran test now 5 time, up to 120Mbps download and worked perfectly.

Issue indeed seems to be solved now!

PhilippeDK
Fanfold Paper
Views: 744
Message 59 of 64

2 days all was ok, now I have Insert SIM and nothing works anymore...... Tried all the known tricks, no result....

DasonXM
Paper Tape
Views: 680
Message 60 of 64

Hi,
Update my laptop status, after update the hotfix, the failure symptom was gone now.

WIll keep monitor.
Thanks.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors