Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adelle5
What's DOS?
Views: 274
Message 1 of 3

X1 Yoga 3rd Gen - Fingerprint Reader Disconnection

Hi, I bought the X1 Yoga 3rd Gen three months ago and my fingerprint reader got problems these days. First, it couldn't recognize my fingerprint very well and I need to use the PIN sign-in every time. Then, I tried to reset it but I could not add a new fingerprint after I removed the original fingerprint. At the beginning, it just told me to touch the sensor again and again but nothing happened. I tried several times (even restart, update the drivers and try the drivers in old version) and it told me there was something wrong and I needed to try it later. Finally, it told me that the fingerprint reader is disconnected. 01.28.2019 fingerprint reader disconnect 002.png

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 257
Message 2 of 3

Re: X1 Yoga 3rd Gen - Fingerprint Reader Disconnection

If you are covered by a normal warranty, I would call support.  1-800-426-7378 in U.S.  I will warn you that they may ask you to reload a fresh copy of windows 10, so think about backing up your data ahead of time.  If you are asked to send the machine in, again, look at backing up, because the depot may want to rule out a software problem, but to me, this seems likely to be hardware.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 236
Message 3 of 3

Re: X1 Yoga 3rd Gen - Fingerprint Reader Disconnection

Also don't forget to try the emergency reset button (small hole on bottom). Sometimes it clears up device interface issues.

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors