Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Teflon
Fanfold Paper
Views: 192
Message 31 of 33

Re: X1 Yoga 3rd Gen Fingerprint Sensor Forgets Enrolled Fingerprint

@jefferai: I bought my laptop new in March 2018 and that's when I first noticed the problem with the fingerprint reader. There was also an issue with the keyboard backlighting suddenly flickering which got fixed in a later bios update. I thought I could live with the malfunctioning fingerprint reader (symptoms were it would gradually forget my fingerprint and I'd have to reset it in Windows). However, in August, I began getting bluescreens every day due to memory corruption. Lenovo diagnostic software confirmed it was bad Samsung memory and I emailed Lenovo Support to schedule a repair for both the memory and the fingerprint reader. Returned it under warranty on Monday August 13th via courier. On August 15th they emailed me and said their engineers could detect the bad memory and the faulty fingerprint reader and replaced both. The laptop was sent back to me via courier and I received it on Friday the 17th. I haven't had any problems since.

Highlighted
jefferai
Punch Card
Views: 187
Message 32 of 33

Thanks for the info! My repair was May or early June so I should probably try again, maybe they hadn't identified the part as faulty yet.

jefferai
Punch Card
Views: 121
Message 33 of 33

@someotherguy

Any chance you can confirm the "known defect" diagnosis? It would probably make things easier when calling in for a replacement if they already have confirmation by Lenovo support that some of these sensors are known faulty.

(Edit: I don't know why I cannot figure out how to properly @mention someone, but...I cannot.)

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors