Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jefferai
Punch Card
Views: 566
Message 21 of 33

Re: X1 Yoga 3rd Gen Fingerprint Sensor Forgets Enrolled Fingerprint

@someotherguy I don't think that post should be marked as the solution given that Lenovo now has an official update package through pcsupport.lenovo.com for that version of the driver.

The updated driver at xxxxxxxxxxxxx provisionally appears to make this better. Still pending further testing.

Mod edit:  Removed link that showed Serial Number.

yfnew
Token Ring
Views: 551
Message 22 of 33

@jefferai

Your machine's serial number was included in the link. You might want to remove that part in the URL.
jefferai
Punch Card
Views: 502
Message 23 of 33

That's what I get for linking to the support page instead of the actual binary direct, I guess.

Teflon
Fanfold Paper
Views: 440
Message 24 of 33

This issue has returned and my finger is no longer recognized (even after reboot). It started a couple days ago and went down hill fast. It's now to the point where I have to log-in every time. I checked the driver version in device manager and it's still 5.3.3521.26 so not sure what happened. I checked my finger and it's very clean with no peeling. Still works fine on my Samsung S8.

Very strange problem. How does the memory of a fingerprint degrade over time?? I will re-register my fingerprint in Windows 10 which should (hopefully) fix the problem for another week.

Horgh
Punch Card
Views: 431
Message 25 of 33

I noticed the same thing, the finger is gradually becoming less recognizable, even with the updated driver. I believe we're expecting another update to the driver that's supposed to fix things even more (or maybe permanently), but there is definitely an "over a period of time" component here that's odd.

wiwitr
Paper Tape
Views: 379
Message 26 of 33

Hi All,

i already instaled version 5.3.3523.26, but my fingerprint still not work (setup button grey), much appriciate if someone could help me. (Yoga x1 3rd Gen, win 10 pro version 1803)

jefferai
Punch Card
Views: 153
Message 27 of 33

Five months later, nothing is better. Drivers have been updated more, but it still loses the fingerprint after a couple of days. The drivers have only made it a couple of days instead of a couple of hours.

Fingerprint sensors have worked reliably on phones for --literally -- half a decade. It's mystifying how this one is so unreliable and broken.

Teflon
Fanfold Paper
Views: 133
Message 28 of 33

The drivers will never completely fix it. My brand new 3rd Gen Yoga ended up having corrupted memory which had to be replaced. I emailed the support here in Japan to get the RAM replaced and mentioned I'd also like the defective fingerprint scanner replaced. They responded that they would test it.

Got my laptop back a week later with the RAM and fingerprint scanner replaced. The repair log said it was a known defect. Amazing. My laptop works perfectly now and my fingerprint is recognized every time.

feligato
Fanfold Paper
Views: 116
Message 29 of 33

I had this issue as well on a 2nd gen X1 Yoga that was replaced. A Lenovo support technician told me this is frequently caused by the sensors on the display that are faulty, for me it makes some sense cause that unit was badly made and the screen replaced 2 times, on my second machine the fingerprint works very well.

jefferai
Punch Card
Views: 110
Message 30 of 33

@Teflon can you give some indication of when this happened? I ask because my fingerprint reader was replaced many months back because it stopped working -- as in, literally was not recognized by the machine. It turned out to be a faulty cable rather than the sensor itself, but this new sensor still has the same problem as the old one. I wonder if the known defect part of it means you end up in a parts lottery, or if they simply didn't fix it until more recently.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors