Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlphaL
Paper Tape
Views: 993
Message 11 of 18

Re: X1 Yoga 3rd Gen HDR WQHD quality

Did you try to move the red and green bar 6 times(using a keyboard) to the left when doing the windows color calibration? That works for me somehow.

DanClarkeUk
Paper Tape
Views: 966
Message 12 of 18

6 times? I certainly did the color calibration a few times, but don't think I moved it 6 times in the same calibration session. Strange that that fixed it. I can't try it now, as I've returned it, as I wasn't happy with it. Have gone with the new Dell XPS instead.

thisisstupid
Blue Screen Again
Views: 360
Message 13 of 18

The only reason I ordered the WQHD screen was for the extra brightness- the additional resolution was just a bonus. However, upon receiving the new laptop the first thing I noticed is that the brightness of the panel is extremely inconsistent. There are large areas that seem to have lower brightness causing the screen to look blotchy, especially on a white background. It's very distracting when scrolling and would be worthless for photo editing- fortunately I don't need the pc for the latter.

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm hoping that I just got a dud. If this is just the level of quality of the screen then it's a pretty crap upgrade. Worth noting that the next thing I noticed about the screen is that it was scratched from the factory so at some point it'll be going back for a warranty replacement regardless.

Soundcrafter
Paper Tape
Views: 336
Message 14 of 18

Hey thisisstupid, I have the exact same issue on a unit I received just a couple of days ago. I hope it's a dud too, otherwise it's nowhere near worth what Lenovo is asking. Did you receive yours similarly recently? I'll be getting in touch with Lenovo to try to resolve this.

thisisstupid
Blue Screen Again
Views: 325
Message 15 of 18

@Soundcrafter wrote:

Hey thisisstupid, I have the exact same issue on a unit I received just a couple of days ago. I hope it's a dud too, otherwise it's nowhere near worth what Lenovo is asking. Did you receive yours similarly recently? I'll be getting in touch with Lenovo to try to resolve this.

I ordered mine late November and have had it for a couple of weeks or so. I simply haven't had the time or energy to deal with the warranty process- I had to make several claims on my last Lenovo and it was a chore. Hopefully its a bad production run of this particular screen.

Please report back here with any progress if you don't mind.

Soundcrafter
Paper Tape
Views: 297
Message 16 of 18

I just got off the phone with Lenovo support. Was on hold for nearly an hour (!), but was greeted by a very helpful person. They've created a warranty case number for my unit, though since I'm within 15 days of receipt of the product I have the option to go for a new machine instead of a warranty screen replacement. It sounds like the complete replacement process will be that they will send a new unit out to me before I return this current one, though I'll be able to confirm that once I call sales tomorrow morning to get the ball rolling. I'll report back again when I know more.

Soundcrafter
Paper Tape
Views: 190
Message 17 of 18

Alright, I'm writing this from my replacement unit. The screen is definitely a big improvement over the original unit I had received. I do feel like I can still see some slight unevenness that is not befitting a device of this price range, however I don't entirely trust my eyes at the moment due to probable hypersensitivity to such things after all of this. Suffice it to say that this unit is totally usable and I won't be pushing for another exchange.

The exchange experience was easy enough, though. I kept the faulty device until this replacement arrived (yesterday), and just delivered the RMA'd unit to UPS this afternoon. I hope that that will also go as smoothly as everything leading up has been, but will write again if it becomes a pain (since Lenovo has fairly strict wordage about the time frame within which an RMA must arrive to them).

With the previous unit I did end up writing an email in the back of a car with direct sunlight shining on the display from behind and there was plenty of brightness to overcome that and lend a very pleasant viewing experience, so kudos to that.

thisisstupid
Blue Screen Again
Views: 72
Message 18 of 18

Thank you for the update. I haven't warrantied mine yet but will be referencing this thread when I have some downtime to send it in.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors