cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
S104S
Fanfold Paper
Views: 195
Message 1 of 2

X1 Yoga 3rd Gen Huge Battery Drain - Lost 57% on StandBy w/lid closed, USB off, TBolt off in 7 hr

I bought the X1 Yoga 3rd Gen during the week of Thanksgiving 2018.  I watched a ton of reviews showing the battery getting anywhere from 7-9 hrs of life even though it specs say 15 hours.  7-9 is still acceptable for me but my battery only gets ~2-3 hours of life.  This isn't even the worse part.

Like many others my laptop suffers from the dreaded battery drain but seems worse than others.  I seem to not even be able to leave it without the A/C adapter plugged in at night or it will be below 40% by the morning.

I have tried many of the "hacks" suggested.  Turned the USB always on OFF and turned the Thunderbolt 3 active at boot up OFF.

Neither of those made any difference.  All my Windows power/battery settings (close lid, on power, on battery, etc.) are set to StandBy.

I thought about doing a battery gauge reset but have seen horror stories that batteries are screwed up after doing that.

Any suggestions for very low battery life relative to specs? excessive battery drain? 

TIA,

S104S

Lenovo Employee Rydeen
Lenovo Employee
Views: 131
Message 2 of 2

Re: X1 Yoga 3rd Gen Huge Battery Drain - Lost 57% on StandBy w/lid closed, USB off, TBolt off in 7 h

Dear customer,
due to incorrect registry setting change on USB Selective Suspend feature during Lenovo Vantage System Update

(or ThinkVantage System Update) scanning session, system power consumption is kept high even when the system is

under Modern Standby state.  I believe your current situation matches with this condition.
We'd like customer to apply the "Lenovo USB Selective Suspend Patch" to correct the setting from the Lenovo Vantage System Update

(or ThinkVantage System Update).

We are very sorry for inconvenient.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors