Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cardio_B
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 114
Message 1 of 3

X1 Yoga 3rd Gen - Music keeps playing when audio jack is used

Hi Everyone,

I've run into my fair share of problems with this laptop including an uneven base and extreme ghost touches that I have not gotten around dealing with warranty yet which is quite frustrating.

Recently I came into another problem - everytime I plug something into the audio jack, whether it is a speaker or headphones, any playable audio or video that is running will play (only one of them at a time).  For example, a youtube tab in the background will play, or my spotify will play, or my VLC media player will play the video.  I will manually pause it, and then within seconds it will automatically play again.  I have not had this problem before (probably started sometime in February), and I do not have any problems with my wireless bluetooth headphones.

I've searched on this forum and on google for similar cases in this laptop or other laptops and haven't been able to find any.  I'm not sure how to approach this in diagnosing whether it is a hardware issue or a firmware issue.  I also had a nightmare of a problem when I first bought the laptop where my laptop speakers will play at max volume no matter how I adjust the volume and will only stop when I bring it down to zero/mute.  It was only fixed when I played around with the intel audio drivers/realtek drivers, so I am hesistant to play around with the drivers to diagnose my current problem.

This is driving me nuts as I can't leave headphones/speakers plugged in if I even want to pause a song or video for a few seconds.  If anyone has had this problem or knows an approach to diagnosing the issue without me resetting the computer, that would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 101
Message 2 of 3

Re: X1 Yoga 3rd Gen - Music keeps playing when audio jack is used

Are you using a combo jack adapter to separate out the audio out from the microphone?      The audio jack on that laptop requires an adapter to split out the headphone from the microphone.

Cardio_B
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 97
Message 3 of 3

Re: X1 Yoga 3rd Gen - Music keeps playing when audio jack is used

Thanks for the reply! I do use a combo jack adapter for my speakers but not for my headphones; however, they both still have the same issue once plugged in.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors