Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
collide
What's DOS?
Views: 167
Message 1 of 3

X1 Yoga 3rd Gen : Pen Not Working + Fingerprint Scanner Not Working

so i've had this laptop since fall 2018. the fingerprint scanner stopped working around december 2018 and then just now my pen stopped working. 

1. pen: if i restart my laptop, itll work for a few seconds and then if i touch the screen with my finger, it completely stops. the battery is at 100%. i tried looking in the device manager to try and restart it but there's no sign of the pen driver, just something that says hid compliant pen and lenovo pen device. i tried updating the drivers for those, didn't work. 
  2. fingerprint scanner: just stopped working one day, tried doing everything to get it to work again. went into device manager, biometric devices and there was absolutely nothing about fingerprints. if i go into sign in options, it says windows hello is preventing some options from being shown. tried to remove my pin, no option for that.

priorities are the pen because i specifically bought this laptop for that so it not working is kind of a big problem.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 120
Message 2 of 3

Re: X1 Yoga 3rd Gen : Pen Not Working + Fingerprint Scanner Not Working

Hi collide! 

Welcome to the forum discussion. 

Kindly open the Lenovo vantage app https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht505081?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6 and check for a system update, then install them all. After that, restart the laptop and test it again. Let us know how it goes. 

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Ratzi30
What's DOS?
Views: 69
Message 3 of 3

Re: X1 Yoga 3rd Gen : Pen Not Working + Fingerprint Scanner Not Working

Hello, I have the same problem with the fingerprint scanner on my x1 yoga gen3 . It stopped working at some day, not sure if there was a windows update or something like that.
I found the driver in the device manager, but since I reinstalled the software, it dissappiered.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors