Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
taaem
What's DOS?
Views: 1,035
Message 1 of 18

X1 Yoga 3rd Gen S3 Sleep Linux

Hello,

the X1 Carbon 6th Gen recently got the BIOS update version 1.30, which added a switch in the BIOS to enable S3 sleep for better Linux support. Otherwise the Laptops only support SI03 sleep.

Since the X1 Carbon 6th Gen and the X1 Yoga 3rd Gen are technically the same hardware, besides the Yoga stuff, it would be nice to also have these BIOS updates on the Yoga version, which is still at version 1.24.

Are there any informations if the S3 support is also coming to the Yoga 3rd Gen?

Best Regards

Tim

wurstpfote
Punch Card
Views: 928
Message 2 of 18

Re: X1 Yoga 3rd Gen S3 Sleep Linux

mitsuhide
Punch Card
Views: 885
Message 3 of 18

@wurstpfote wrote:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Linux-Discussion/Linux-on-the-ThinkPad-X1-Yoga-3rd-Gen/m-p/4242717/high...

This is not an acceptable solution. Why should I manually deal with grub's configuration each time I update the kernel? It makes no sense for Lenovo to discriminate the X1 Yoga 3rd from the X1 Carbon 6th. Lenovo should add S3 support with a new BIOS for the X1 Yoga 3rd, just like what they did to the X1 Carbon 6th.

gwilson19
Fanfold Paper
Views: 872
Message 4 of 18

Lenovo, please add proper S3 support to the X1 Yoga 3rd Gen BIOS as you did for the X1 Carbon Gen 6. Please.

wurstpfote
Punch Card
Views: 864
Message 5 of 18

I fully agree that it is up to Lenovo to revise the X1Y3 BIOS. However, how often do you update your kernel, that a 15-s editing of the grub.cfg becomes a significant burden to you?

For me, the acpi patch is a fully acceptable solution until the new BIOS revision arrives. And believe me, this is really a minor issue compared to the lack of a Linux WWAN driver (X1Y3) or general malfunctioning of hardware under Linux (i.e., the X1Y2 OLED display behaviour in view of sporadic brightness changes and resume behaviour).

taaem
What's DOS?
Views: 853
Message 6 of 18

I don't think that this is an acceptable solution, since at least on my system there are issues with the touchscreen not waking up after suspend.
This *is* really critical for a Yoga device.
Does the touchscreen work for all of you?
mitsushide
Paper Tape
Views: 809
Message 7 of 18

Dear mod:

The lack of S3 sleep for the X1 Yoga 3rd Gen should not be ignored, and the discussion should not be scattered and forgotten.

Please consider merging this thread with a master thread regarding S3 sleep fix: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Excessive-Battery-Drain-while-ThinkPad-X1-Yog...

Thank you!

zaxmyth
Paper Tape
Views: 790
Message 8 of 18

Please enable S3 suppot for the X1 Yoga Gen 3. It has already been enabled for the X1 - please also apply it to the X1 Yoga Gen 3.

FuriousX1Y3User
What's DOS?
Views: 700
Message 9 of 18

It's been 52 days since X1 Carbon 6th Gen got the S3 sleep option in BIOS, yet X1 Yoga 3rd Gen still doesn't have it with BIOS 1.25.

The lack of S3 sleep for the X1 Yoga 3rd Gen should not be ignored, and the discussion should not be scattered and forgotten.

Please consider merging this thread with a master thread regarding S3 sleep fix: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Excessive-Battery-Drain-while-ThinkPad-X1-Yog...

Highlighted
voidshatter
Punch Card
Views: 652
Message 10 of 18

Modern standby has the risk of unreliable battery drain as well as excessive heat during transportation, and really isn't ready to be pushed for top-grade business laptops for production.

Future customers should keep this in mind and avoid business products without S3 sleep.

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors