Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wallm1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 132
Message 1 of 3

X1 Yoga 3rd Gen backlit keyboard staying lit after shutdown

Hello,

Have any of you ever encountered this issue? Occasionally when I shut down, the keyboard will stay lit. I then have to shut it down fully by holding the power button.

It’s hard to replicate, but I think it happens mostly when the laptop goes to sleep, is then reawakened, and then shut down.

Thanks! 

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 67
Message 2 of 3

Re: X1 Yoga 3rd Gen backlit keyboard staying lit after shutdown

Hi Wallm1!

Welcome to the Community,

May we know how do you normally turn off your laptop? Do you just press the power button or you click on the power icon, and choosing Shutdown from the option? Turn off the laptop, and perform a power drain,

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/troubleshoot/lpt000352

After that, try to turn off the laptop and check if it will completely shutdown. Update us how it goes.

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Wallm1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 36
Message 3 of 3

Re: X1 Yoga 3rd Gen backlit keyboard staying lit after shutdown

Thank you for your answer.
Well, normally I just shut down via the "Shut Down" option on Windows 10.

It is quite an unpredictable event, but I can see that it is more likely to happen when being shut down after having been in sleep mode and then woken up.

I will try what you say. But I doubt that it will be true fix.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors