cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KM14
Blue Screen Again
Views: 166
Message 1 of 4

X1 Yoga 3rd Gen - compatible USB type c hub available in market which do power delivery too...?

I have oredered X1 yoga 3rd gen and came to know that I have to chenge my docking station too. I see lot of lenovo or non-lenovo make usb type c hub on amazon. Can anyone guide and recommend me best hub to use with this laptop? If possible please provide web links too.

joesixgig
802.11n
Views: 151
Message 2 of 4

Re: X1 Yoga 3rd Gen - compatible USB type c hub available in market which do power delivery too...?

@KM14 wrote:

I have oredered X1 yoga 3rd gen and came to know that I have to chenge my docking station too. I see lot of lenovo or non-lenovo make usb type c hub on amazon. Can anyone guide and recommend me best hub to use with this laptop? If possible please provide web links too.

I'm not an expert, but as a first response, people are probably going to ask what you need the dock for. Are you planning to drive multiple displays? Are you going to be hooking up super fast external SSDs? Reason being that you can buy an affordable USB-C dock that covers may usage scenarios, but a true thunderbolt 3 dock will allow more simultaneous external displays. I've been happy with Lenovo's own TB3 dock, but it's pretty expensive. Oh, and oof, 3.2 average review score on lenovo.com. 

KM14
Blue Screen Again
Views: 141
Message 3 of 4

Re: X1 Yoga 3rd Gen - compatible USB type c hub available in market which do power delivery too...?

I need for general one monitor and other periferils to attach

joesixgig
802.11n
Views: 128
Message 4 of 4

@KM14 wrote:

I need for general one monitor and other periferils to attach

Yeah in that case I think a USB-C dock should be fine. I don’t have any suggestions myself, maybe someone else can chime in with their favorite USB-C dock with power delivery? 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors