Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
esby44
Paper Tape
Views: 325
Message 11 of 34

Re: X1 Yoga 3rd Gen unable to connect display via MiraCast/WiDi

There, on the TCL Roku, it continues flashing until I manually tell it to disconnect. On the newer LG, the sequence is identical but the LG will disconnect on it's own after roughly 30sec. I've tried 5-6 times in a row on each after every possible "fix" attempt.

It does give me some comfort that someone else is having same issue and does seem to clue in to driver glitch. If I decide to pursue further, I may try Intel support or at least make sure they are aware of the bug.
Guru
Views: 300
Message 12 of 34

Anyone else with a X1Y3?  Can you try to connect a TV via wireless and test what happens?

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may help other forum members as well.
TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

jmcervan
What's DOS?
Views: 242
Message 13 of 34

I also have a X1Y3 and I'm having the same problem when connecting to my Insignia Roku TV.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 232
Message 14 of 34

I wrote a review of the x1 yoga Gen3 when it first was released, and I tested it with a miracast connection.  I no longer have the display device I used, but I can try to test it with a television to see if some change to the drivers or OS changes has broken something.  I can try to get to it this weekend, but it may not be until next week.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-CES-2018/ThinkPad-X1-Yoga-Generation-3-review/td-p/3934729

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Guru
Views: 213
Message 15 of 34

I cant even connect 50% of the time anymore.  The flashing gives me a headache.  In between flashes I have to try and locate the "disconnect" button to get back a usable laptop.  I've tried changing refresh rate from 48 to 60.  I've tried disabling power savings in the intel control panel.  Still can't connect to tv anymore.

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may help other forum members as well.
Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

Guru
Views: 174
Message 16 of 34

In case anyone was wondering I saw Vantage offer an update this morning for Lenovo Display Optimizer.  It mentioned something about flashing screen.  So I installed it to test if it would fix our problem.  It did not.

Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

NIce3
What's DOS?
Views: 152
Message 17 of 34

Any updates on this thread? I have a X1 Y2 and have the same issue. It worked fine until about a month ago.. now it just flickers everytime I try to connect. 

esby44
Paper Tape
Views: 148
Message 18 of 34

From what I have heard, it lies with Intel and their drivers. If any fixes come, we need to make sure they are aware

Guru
Views: 134
Message 19 of 34

Whether its Intel or not; Lenovo is the manufacturer of the laptop.  I bought the laptop from Lenovo not Intel.  It would be nice for Lenovo to at least acknowledge the problem.(reported to Intel, we are working on it, etc...)  Original post is from 9/14.  I know this is a peer to peer forum but now that 6 people have the same problem it would be nice for Lenovo to acknowledge the issue.

Just my opinion.

Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

cjy123
Paper Tape
Views: 84
Message 20 of 34

Hi Guys,

Just as a quick update... I have just received a new X1 Carbon G6 (just got it home today).  It is experiencing a very similar issue and I have tested it on 3 different devices (one Roku and 2 actiontec).  My Gen5 worked fine on those devices.

I am also a Lenovo Business Partner is Canada.  I have sent a message to my Business Partner rep at Lenovo, and will be seeing some of the Lenovo Canada team next week.  I can assure you that there will be a number of people aware of this issue by next week if they are not aware of it now.  That doesn't mean it will get fixed right away, but I will start putting the heat on them as I use this functionality at least 5 times a week.

I will hopefully get this on someones desk that can fix the problem.  I have also referenced this discussion in my email to my rep.

Thanks!

Top Kudoed Authors