Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cjy123
Paper Tape
Views: 178
Message 21 of 34

Re: X1 Yoga 3rd Gen unable to connect display via MiraCast/WiDi

Hi All,

So after some work with the Lenovo team, mine is fixed... Here is what I did to fix it:

Went to Device Manager / Display adapters / Uninstall Device and delete the driver.

Rebooted and now the driver listed is: Microsoft basic display adapter.  That doesn’t support Miracast.  Performance also sucks.

After 15 mins autodetected and installed 23.20.16.4973 (which is from Feb 28, 2018.  This worked to one of my devices (Actiontec), but not Roku.

I am downloading the Intel Driver from the Lenovo website… version 24.20.100.6168.  This driver version is installed and I can still connect to my Actiontec, and still not my Roku.

I had had problems with my Roku in the past, which is why I have the actiontec device.  The monitor flashing doesn't happen any longer, and my default setting is to 'extend' my screen.

Thanks!

Guru
Views: 153
Message 22 of 34

I'm glad it worked for you.  I uninstalled the Intel graphics driver like you did.  On reboot it installed the Basic microsoft driver.  Like you said it does not support miracast.  I then ran Vantage it installed Intel graphics driver  24.20.100.6170.  I then rebooted machine.  I was able to connect to Miracast on TV.  I was happy it worked but it was short lived.  I rebooted one more time to cofirm the fix it no longer connects and resumed the same symptoms as everyone else on this post.  Black screen on tv and flashing screen on laptop.

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may help other forum members as well.
TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

cjy123
Paper Tape
Views: 132
Message 23 of 34

I thought I had rebooted, but apparently after my reboot it was broken as well.

I have updated my case with Lenovo.

Guru
Views: 122
Message 24 of 34

I hope you have more success than we have had here.  1st post was on 9/14 and there has been no response yet that works.  I have tried calling support.  Their "solution" was to replace motherboard.  I said I dont think that will fix it and pointed to this forum with other people having same problem.  I then asked is there a place to report "bugs" other than the forum since there has been zero response.  He said no but offered to replace motherboard again.  Imagine how much this would cost Lenovo if all 7/8 other people that have reported this issue just replaced motherboards.

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may help other forum members as well.
TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

esby44
Paper Tape
Views: 120
Message 25 of 34

I mean, I've been tempted to drop it off at the nearby repair center and not pick it up until they fix it. To be told on the first day I got this in my hands that I had to pay some BS "software support" warranty after I've spent all this money on the computer and extended warranty. Made me consider if it was worth dunking it into the tub and making an accidental claim. 

cjy123
Paper Tape
Views: 98
Message 26 of 34

So, I just got a message from my BP rep that I didn't like and let them know that.

Intel has a new driver out, I am unfortunately traveling for the next few days.  Can you try it out... https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28240/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10.

It was released 2 weeks ago.

Thanks!

Chris

esby44
Paper Tape
Views: 91
Message 27 of 34

I have tried several driver versions from Intel's site but none have worked - even ones that are a newer revision of what is installed. I get an error saying that this driver cannot be installed on this machine. If it isn't via the Lenovo update software, it doesn't seem to accept it. I'm guessing it's a proprietary variant of the reference Intel chip so the update has to come from Lenovo. I even went as far as installing the Intel update software. Even with that I am told I have an update available for the WiFi driver but when the installation starts, I get the same error.

cjy123
Paper Tape
Views: 88
Message 28 of 34

Thanks for the quick reply.

I will send this back as well.

cjy123
Paper Tape
Views: 74
Message 29 of 34

Have you tried this?  I just got this from L2 support:  https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/THINKPAD-X-SERIES-LAPTOPS/THINKPAD-...

Thanks!

Chris

cjy123
Paper Tape
Views: 73
Message 30 of 34

Can you send me the driver version you are using as well?

Top Kudoed Authors