Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TacticalSquid
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 56
Message 1 of 1

X1 Yoga 3rd Gen weaker sound options compared to X1 Yoga 1st Gen

Hello all,

Got my X1Y3 in a few days ago and I'm very pleased with the screen on the machine as well as battery life and easy type c charging compared to my old X1Y1. However, I have noticed one thing, the audio options (sample rate and bit depth) are about as basic as can be on the X1Y3 compared to my X1Y1. Anyone else notice this or do I perhaps have something limited by my audio settings?

I tried looking up the spec sheet for this machine and see nothing mentioned, but looking under sound options in the control panel the max I can do is 24bit/48Khz, the only other option is 16bit/48Khz. Recording only has a signle option of 16bit/48Khz. If this is by design, I'm really disappointed in taking the hit to adio quality from one generation to the next. 

For example, my original X1Y1 can do 24bit/192Khz at the maximum for playback and 24bit/96Khz for recording. Software is fully up to date through vantage, and I just installed the october update (much to my reluctance since I had to hit the update button to do it and risk the wrath of the microsoft insider program). 

Thr PSREF spec sheets on lenovos website for the Y1Y3 list the chich as Realtek ALC3286, but no specs for bit depth or sampling rate for the machine. Additionally, I can't find any information on this chip online besides sellers inadvertently listing it in thier specs for X1Y3s for sale.

It sounds like I might be resigned to carrying around a highres dac or end up praying for LDAC support to come to windows. If anyone has any thoughts on this perdicament I'd be interested in hearing them.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors