cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShadowStriker15
Fanfold Paper
Views: 137
Message 1 of 3

X1 Yoga 3rd Generation, 2100: Detection Error on Storage Device (M.2)

About a month of regular use with my Yoga 3rd Gen. laptop, I started getting an inconsistent error whenever I attempted to power up the device. For about a week or two I attributed this 2100 error to the software side as nothing hardware had changed, or at least to my knowledge. After no avail after windows updates/intel updates, I then switched to the hardware aspect after reading online posts with a similar issue and potential solutions. I unscrewed the back cover with little difficulty and located the M2 drive. My plan was to reseat the drive as I had read online that this could be a quick fix. However, the stubborn M2 drive would not budge, resulting in some unfortunate stripping. I then tried to increase the padding to the drive as I had hoped the issue was stemming from my daily commute and movement the laptop was experiencing. I first using some eletrical tape as a way to decrease the distance between the back cover to the drive. After using the computer that night, this attempt appeared to be successful as I did not run into any error. However, the next day when I powered on the device, I was faced with the familiar black screen 2100 error. Once again, I then tried to increase the artificial padding and to see if I was on the right track. Today, the first day after the weekend, I had to see if I had finally found a solution but was faced with 2100 errors and constant blue screens/crashes after a few minutes of use. The only options that I have left which come to mind are:

• Send the device to Lenovo as it is still under warranty (most reliable however most tedious)
  • By M2 screw replacements for once the screw is successfully removed then reseating the drive may be the only needed step.
  • See a local technician to remove the M2 drive and to also reseat the drive (probably wise but could be costly and may not be the only solution)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Did not expect to have to deal with this... and so early, but...

nishida
What's DOS?
Views: 39
Message 2 of 3

Re: X1 Yoga 3rd Generation, 2100: Detection Error on Storage Device (M.2)

I have exactly the same situation.
ShadowStriker15
Fanfold Paper
Views: 38
Message 3 of 3

Re: X1 Yoga 3rd Generation, 2100: Detection Error on Storage Device (M.2)

At the time, I unfortunately could not send the laptop out for repair with my warranty because I needed it for daily use and constant crashes were better than no laptop. The time has finally come for me to call Lenovo to allow me to use my depot warranty. I would suggest the same if you are running into the same issues and if you can bear to be without your laptop for three to four weeks.

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors