Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Guru
Views: 533
Message 1 of 2

X1 Yoga 3rd Generation High Battery Drain when off still

Hi,

It appears based on the below post that Lenovo fixed this problem on X380 Yoga.  Can this be released for X1 Yoga 3rd generation?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X380-Yoga-High-battery-drain-when-off-again/t...

I have already done the below

- Windows Quick Start is off 

- USB-power when off is off

- Wake-On-LAN or USB-C is off

- BIOS updated to N25ET35W 1.21

- I have uploaded BIOS settings to default

- Disabled thunderbolt

- run battery guage reset twice

Battery drain is not as bad as the other person on the X380 but I still lose after making all the above changes 1-3% overnight.  Despite what support says I do not believe that this should be considered normal.  This has never happened on any of my other thinkpads except for my TP25 which was fixed after disabling fast start up.

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
 If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may   help other forum members as well.
 T490, TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
 Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

Guru
Views: 450
Message 2 of 2

Re: X1 Yoga 3rd Generation High Battery Drain when off still

So last night I turn laptop off.  I verify no power light are on no sleep/hibernate lights are blinking.  I shutt it off with 98% power.  Tonight I grab the laptop get ready to plug in charger BEFORE turning on laptop and I notice next to the power plug the white led is on.  I have not plugged it in at this point.  I tunr on laptop and sure enough power is down to 90%.  I go to command prompt and run powercfg -lastwake it comes back with "wake history count - 0".  I go into event viewer and it shows no activity since i turned off yesterday and turned back on tonight. Any ideas?  This has been the only thinkpad purchase i regret.  I have actually not installed anything on it yet except antivirus.  I was trying to avoid sending it in to support but may not have a choice now.

These are the issues.

1.  Laptop hits 98 degrees with nothing running just from turning on laptop.

2.  Battery still loses 1-7% charge overnight.  Cant find solution

3.  Today i thought i saw an eyelash on the trackpoint num.  Its actually not an eyelash its actually got a crack in it.  In 20 years of owning thinkpads i have never ever seen a trackpoint crack.  I have barely even used this laptop.  Below picture is not the best.

4.  Screen has a scratch on it that i didnt discover until day 35.  I was busy so i never really got to examine closely.  Way past return/exchange point now.

nub.jpg

I guess i will let Lenovo support replace screen, battery and anything else they want.  Its a shame on a new laptop I will have to have all these things done to it.

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
 If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may   help other forum members as well.
 T490, TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
 Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors