cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kristofior
Fanfold Paper
Views: 656
Message 1 of 6

[X1 Yoga 3rd/X1 Carbon 6th] Does Dolby Atmos (audio) work only with headphones?

Hi,

Does Dolby Atmos (audio) work only with headphones or does it work also with X1 speakers ?

(I am changing between Dynamic/Films/Music/Games/... but no change in output sound with laptop speakers)

dolby_atmos.jpg

It does not seem to work with bluetooth headset : 

dolby_atmos_bluetooth.jpg

Regards,

Kristo.

Moderator edit: Match subject to content.

BrianSu
HDMI
Views: 639
Message 2 of 6

Re: [X1 Yoga 3rd/X1 Carbon 6th] Does Dolby Atmos (audio) work only with headphones?

@kristofior wrote:

Hi,

Does Dolby Atmos (audio) work only with headphones or does it work also with X1 speakers ?

(I am changing between Dynamic/Films/Music/Games/... but no change in output sound)

dolby_atmos.jpg

Regards,

Kristo.

Moderator edit: Match subject to content.

No this works ONLY with the built-in laptop speakers. It's because Dolby has tuned them for Lenovo to work with Dolby Atmos. I'm sure by switching the audio types you're able to tell the difference from the speakers....

Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon (6th Gen), ASUS PG27UQ Quantum Dot UHD 4K HDR 144 Hz Monitor
kristofior
Fanfold Paper
Views: 633
Message 3 of 6

Re: [X1 Yoga 3rd/X1 Carbon 6th] Does Dolby Atmos (audio) work only with headphones?

wrote:

@kristofior 

No this works ONLY with the built-in laptop speakers. It's because Dolby has tuned them for Lenovo to work with Dolby Atmos. I'm sure by switching the audio types you're able to tell the difference from the speakers....

Ok, I could make it work after changing things on audio win10 settings and reboot.

But Custom settings with equalizer does still not change anything.

TrueAlpha
Fanfold Paper
Views: 588
Message 4 of 6

Dolby Atmos works with internal X1 speakers and through the headphone jack. That's because Dolby Atmos comes through the Realtek Audio Driver. 

HDMI audio works with Nvidia drivers. 

Bluetooth audio with the Bluetooth driver. 

USB audio through windows included driver.

Realtek Audio driver handles headphone/speakers, and separately microphone only. 

I can hear the difference when I change the settings through speaker/headphone. 

However, sometimes when I restart my laptop the Dolby Atmos stops working (I'm unable to change profiles). I don't know if it's only in my machine. Maybe you're having that too. 

BrianSu
HDMI
Views: 580
Message 5 of 6

@TrueAlpha wrote:

Dolby Atmos works with internal X1 speakers and through the headphone jack. That's because Dolby Atmos comes through the Realtek Audio Driver. 

HDMI audio works with Nvidia drivers. 

Bluetooth audio with the Bluetooth driver. 

USB audio through windows included driver.

Realtek Audio driver handles headphone/speakers, and separately microphone only. 

I can hear the difference when I change the settings through speaker/headphone. 

However, sometimes when I restart my laptop the Dolby Atmos stops working (I'm unable to change profiles). I don't know if it's only in my machine. Maybe you're having that too. 

Ahh OK but to use Dolby Atmos via headphones, anyone with any make of Windows 10 PC can install the Dolby Atmos app from the Windows store Smiley Happy

Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon (6th Gen), ASUS PG27UQ Quantum Dot UHD 4K HDR 144 Hz Monitor
TrueAlpha
Fanfold Paper
Views: 576
Message 6 of 6

Actually, you're talking about the Dolby Access App. It allows you to try out Dolby Atmos 7.1 virtualizaion. You can only ebable or disable that feature. It is directed towards movie watching. The dolby atmos app installed by the driver allows more customization . You get more settings like Muisic, Voice, Game, and Custom.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors