Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
psun786
Punch Card
Views: 1,105
Message 171 of 262

Re: X1 Yoga 3rd gen HDR display not HDR capable

@dekka007 wrote:

Still getting microsoft store error device is not compatible.

I have done all the steps in vantage.

Device Manager.JPG

Did try to unplug ur other monitor and dock?

dekka007
Punch Card
Views: 1,101
Message 172 of 262

Yes tried with and without externals connected.

Do you have a screen shot of the Device Manager INF driver as above.

I am beginning to wonder if the 6.7.0.0 driver has installed the right version within the package.

Or perhaps it only works on bios 1.25 as I am still on bios 1.23
psun786
Punch Card
Views: 1,095
Message 173 of 262

@dekka007 wrote:
Yes tried with and without externals connected.

Do you have a screen shot of the Device Manager INF driver as above.

I am beginning to wonder if the 6.7.0.0 driver has installed the right version within the package.

Or perhaps it only works on bios 1.25 as I am still on bios 1.23 
[Problem fixes]
- Fixed an issue where BIOS POST might display the error message "Boot Manager recover
  from an error."
- Fixed an issue where BIOS POST might display the error message "1802: Unauthorized
  network card is plugged in - Power off and remove the network card (8086/7360/0000/0000)."
- Fixed an issue where ThinkPad surface temperature is higher than designed.
- Fixed an issue where Lenovo USB-C Travel HUB might not work in Windows 10 ver 1703
  or older.

According the bios 1.25 note, it didn't add anything new. All are bug fix. If you click on monitor property and check driver version, it should say 6.7.0.0. But you can always uninstall and install it again. For some reason I think it has to with your external monitor assuming all other prerequisites were met. Did you restart Win10 after unplug the monitor? 

jefferai
Punch Card
Views: 1,080
Message 174 of 262

I don't have an external monitor, I have the updated inf installed, and I also have the not compatible error.

dekka007
Punch Card
Views: 1,066
Message 175 of 262

Yes nothing to do with the External monitor.  I was getting the same result even before I connected my office monitor.  Rebooted without monitor and dock and still same error.

6.7.0.0.0  INF driver download does not actually install it.  It just extracts it into the DRIVERS folder.

The actual folder itself contains multiple drivers for different display types.  The closest one is the in the screenshot I posted above.  I have confirmed 6.7.0.0 is the installed driver but 6.7.0.0 of which Panel driver - Which is the correct panel driver within 6.7.0.0 

What does device manager say for those that have got Dolby Vision working under Device Manager -> Monitor

I can only put this down to either BIOS version even tho 1.25 release notes do not comment.  Or the fact I did a clean install of windows 10 rather than the factory install.

dekka007
Punch Card
Views: 1,047
Message 176 of 262

We can rule out the BIOS issue as 1.15 , 1.23 and 1.25 all exhibit the same issue not compatible with this device.

Interestingly if you use device manager on the Monitor driver and select Update Driver windows 10 downloads driver version 6.9.0.0 by Lenovo with a Driver date 14/6/2018....

Still doesn't help with the above issue tho.

dekka007
Punch Card
Views: 980
Message 177 of 262

Tried everything.  Including restoring to a clean install.   Still not compatible with this device error in the microsoft store.

I can play HDR youtube videos in Microsoft Edge as previously without the Dolby Vision app just released.

I can only assume the error lies with the Microsoft Store side of things??

BrianSu
HDMI
Views: 977
Message 178 of 262

I’ve installed the App no problem. When I go to NetFlix I can see the DV icon on the supported titles’s info pages but I am unable to play. When I play a DV title the screen just keeps refreshing and hanging. I can play non DV titles on the laptop with no problem. Very strange. It’s like it’s struggling to enable DV or HDR or something.

I can play the same DV titles on my desktop in HDR mode with no problem.

has anyone experienced the issue that I have? I had not rebooted the laptop nor used external power when trying but I can play HDR on YouTube with no problem on battery power.

Thanks 

Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon (6th Gen), ASUS PG27UQ Quantum Dot UHD 4K HDR 144 Hz Monitor
Highlighted
Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 847
Message 179 of 262

For those of you that have installed Dolby Vision, I have uploaded a Dolby Vision sample video to help you test it.  Feel free to download it here:  Dolby Vision Test Video DropBox, then play it with the native Windows & TV player.  You will know it is working when you see the small Dolby Vision logo in top right of the screen.

If you are getting an incompatible device error in Microsoft, will you please share the MT of the ThinkPad you are using?  I will try and help.

thanks

dekka007
Punch Card
Views: 836
Message 180 of 262

Hi Jon,

X1 Carbon 6th Gen.   i7-8550u, 16GB DDR, 1TB SSD, HDR 500nit Glossy Screen.

Model Number: 20KGS0A400  (Hong Kong Lenovo Retail model).

Thanks,  Look forward to the solution.

Top Kudoed Authors