Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jefferai
Punch Card
Views: 5,073
Message 1 of 261

X1 Yoga 3rd gen HDR display not HDR capable

I have a 3rd Gen X1 Yoga with the HDR Display option.

The controls in Windows to turn on and off HDR capability are not there. I went through https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4040263/windows-10-hdr-advanced-color-settings and saved the DxDiag report which showed that the color space is wrong.

However, I've tried multiple settings for the display in Lenovo Vantage (including Native and Movie Pro, both of which should be non-sRGB color spaces) and DxDiag keeps reporting the display color space as DXGI_COLOR_SPACE_RGB_FULL_G22_NONE_P709 and keeps saying it's not an HDR-capable display.

What am I doing wrong?

Guru
Views: 5,058
Message 2 of 261

Re: X1 Yoga 3rd gen HDR display not HDR capable

I could be wrong but when it was announced with HDR screen it said software support coming later.  Footnote 1.

http://blog.lenovo.com/en/blog/eye-popping-laptops-from-lenovos-latest-thinkpad-x1-series/

hdr.JPG

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to private unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may help other forum members as well.
TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

jefferai
Punch Card
Views: 5,045
Message 3 of 261

I hadn't noticed that... Thanks for cluing me in!

Guru
Views: 5,038
Message 4 of 261

Your welcome!  Hope update comes soon.

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to private unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may help other forum members as well.
TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

Brian191
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,917
Message 5 of 261

Probably be with the Alexa update.

jefferai
Punch Card
Views: 4,904
Message 6 of 261

Oh, I was super happy that Alexa wasn't actually on the computer when it arrived. I really hope they make that optional, I can think of few things on want less on a business laptop than an always-on listening assistant.

BrianST
Serial Port
Views: 4,287
Message 7 of 261

I bought an X1 carbon with the HDR screen and i'm dissapointed on the responsiveness of the screen. I am noticing ghosting while scrolling through text and while watching animations or movies. How would you rate the screen in your Yoga? I would suppose it's the same display.

jackzh2011
SCSI Port
Views: 3,823
Message 8 of 261

@BrianST wrote:

I bought an X1 carbon with the HDR screen and i'm dissapointed on the responsiveness of the screen. I am noticing ghosting while scrolling through text and while watching animations or movies. How would you rate the screen in your Yoga? I would suppose it's the same display.

My Yoga screen seems alright... The pen sometimes skip a little on the screen, but I haven't noticed any ghosting.

jefferai
Punch Card
Views: 3,456
Message 9 of 261

I wonder if anyone has heard anything more about this...the thing I find odd is that the superscript on the product page that was pointed out earlier in the thread says something like "HDR support is expected in a future Windows 10 release". However, here's an interesting article:

With this update, users on the Windows 10 Spring 2018 Update, will be able to use their SDR( Standard Dynamic Range, or Regular)
optimised screens to view HDR videos.

This obviously begs the question: is this truly an HDR panel (since currently DirectX says it isn't), or is this simply a brighter SDR panel than the normal SDR one and Lenovo is just planning on automatically flipping on that setting in the Spring 2018 update?

yfnew
Punch Card
Views: 3,149
Message 10 of 261

The article you linked to was simply not true. If you take a look at the screenshot of that article, the setting is to optimise SDR videos for HDR screens, not the other way around. The author of that article was clearly confused. I am currently on Spring 2018 Update (In Windows Insider program), and the HDR option is still grayed out. 

Top Kudoed Authors