MountainSilence
Fanfold Paper
Views: 554
Message 211 of 261

Re: X1 Yoga 3rd gen HDR display not HDR capable

@Jon_P wrote:

@MountainSilence wrote:

@Jon_P wrote:
Thanks for the quick response. I am assuming that you are using a different windows image than what came on the device?

Can you try changing the SCMID value to "Lenovo2_Think"

I edited the registry value to what you have above but it doesn't stick, reboot the machine and it's gone. 

I work for Microsoft and the machine was flattened and installed with a new Windows 10 RS4 1803 image from a USB drive when I got it. 

Thanks for trying.  I am confident you will not have any issues with the factory image but, I am still exploring alternatives.  Please stand by.

@Jon_P: whatever change you guys made with the Windows store worked, today all of a sudden the Dolby Vision app allows me to install it on my machine. So I should have everything good-to-go, but for some reason even after a reboot the video you provided for download plays back in the native Movies & TV App with sound but no picture. 

SonicBoom1991
Paper Tape
Views: 549
Message 212 of 261

Nevermind. still having the issue with dolby vision and dowloaded hdr media though. Audio with no video.

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 523
Message 213 of 261

@SonicBoom1991 wrote:

Nevermind. still having the issue with dolby vision and dowloaded hdr media though. Audio with no video.

Would you mind trying re-installing the monitor inf file Here and retesting?  Also, please make sure you are plugged into power to eliminate any power saving settings implications.  thank you

MountainSilence
Fanfold Paper
Views: 498
Message 214 of 261

@Jon_P wrote:

@SonicBoom1991 wrote:

Would you mind trying re-installing the monitor inf file Here and retesting?  Also, please make sure you are plugged into power to eliminate any power saving settings implications.  thank you

I've tested with both the INF file you link to above (6.7.0.0) and the newer one available if you have Windows search for an updated driver (6.9.0.0) and they both have the same result of the video playing with sound but no picture.

monitor.png

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 476
Message 215 of 261

@MountainSilence wrote:

@Jon_P wrote:

@SonicBoom1991 wrote:

I've tested with both the INF file you link to above (6.7.0.0) and the newer one available if you have Windows search for an updated driver (6.9.0.0) and they both have the same result of the video playing with sound but no picture.

monitor.png

Thanks for the details.  Is it possible you have a codec pack installed?  How about an external monitor that is not supported with DV?  Does it work when you play a DV youtube video in Edge browser such as https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPSV84T7wiA

thanks for your patience

BrianSu
HDMI
Views: 458
Message 216 of 261

Hi Jon,

On another note, I have a question. Why is it that on the X1 Carbon I can only play HDR YouTube videos using Edge and not Chrome? On my desktop PC with a proper HDR1000 monitor I can play HDR YouTube videos on either browsers.

Thanks in advance.

Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon (6th Gen), ASUS PG27UQ Quantum Dot UHD 4K HDR 144 Hz Monitor
Roman79
Punch Card
Views: 454
Message 217 of 261

Because it’s just supporting HDR. This display can’t handle true HDR. That’s why HDR in Windows settings is not available. Only HDR In EDGE is working (like with many other non HDR Displays that meets at least 300 nits)

On my desktop full HDR Is supported too (HDR IN Chrome and I can activate HDR even for desktop)

[Edited by Moderator for clarity.]

dekka007
Punch Card
Views: 425
Message 218 of 261

Can download the app from microsoft store now that is fixed. 

However just blank screen and audio on the sample provided above.  And I can't see any reference to Dolby Vision in the Netflix App for content that has it.

I have 6.7.0.0 INF installed and latest Graphics driver.

I can play HDR content in Youtube on EDGE.

SonicBoom1991
Paper Tape
Views: 390
Message 219 of 261

No external monitor. Tried reinstalling the monitor 6.9.0.0 driver to no avail. I can view hdr content with edge, but no sign of DV in that demo, or in the netflix app, or just trying to play dowloaded DV or HDR content. Audio but no video with the test sample you proviced to dowload and the same story with any other dowloaded media

dekka007
Punch Card
Views: 365
Message 220 of 261

Same issue as the above poster.  Audio no Video and can view HDR content in Your tube using EDGE only.

This is so half baked,  Lenovo would have been better ditching the whole HDR concept.     1 week left I am debating returning for the DELL XPS.  At least their 4k display is as it states and works...

Top Kudoed Authors