Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ronnyie
What's DOS?
Views: 1,068
Message 261 of 264

Re: X1 Yoga 3rd gen HDR display not HDR capable

I was so disappointed that 3rd gen didn't come with OLED option and was skeptical of the HDR claims.  This makes me so glad I made just in time to grab the 2nd gen OLED version.  It might not be officially HDR, but it's WCG and its colors and resolution rivals HDR. 

jackzh2011
SCSI Port
Views: 492
Message 262 of 264

It seems like the new generation of Yoga actually supports 10 bit HDR. Does that mean lenovo false advertised 3rd Gen...? 

https://www.anandtech.com/show/13839/lenovo-at-ces-2019-thinkpad-x1-yoga-gets-thinner-aluminum-body-...

jefferai
Punch Card
Views: 466
Message 263 of 264

Yes.

Svenko14
Fanfold Paper
Views: 380
Message 264 of 264

So I have this problem:

I have the Lenovo Intel Graphics Driver installed, Monitor file, and Lenovo Display Optimizer to configure colors. Additionally I have the HEVC addon from Windows store installed.

With the official latest intel graphics driver from lenovo HP for Lenovo Yoga X1 3rd gen, it's not possible to enable HDR and in Microsoft Edge, the HDR option for the LG HDR 4k test-video doesn't show up.

When I install the latest intel graphics gpu driver through the device manager, I get the HDR option, but the Display Optimizer doesn't work anymore, since it's not officially supported by Lenovo.

I'm on Windows 10 1809. 

Please Lenovo update the graphics driver. I guess it's a problem with the Redstone 5 update.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors