Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kevintong
Paper Tape
Views: 237
Message 1 of 3

X1 Yoga 3rd gen and polarized sunglasses, touchpad cursor drift

Hello everyone,

I wanted to know if anyone else who has an X1 Yoga 3rd gen that has trouble using their laptop while wearing polarized sunglasses. I have no problems with other LCDs in their default orientation, but the X1 Yoga I can only see if the screen is turned into the vertical position, which makes it unusable as a laptop with the sunglasses on.

I'm wondering if this is the default polarization angle for the X1 Yoga screens are if I received an incorrectly assembled unit. 

One other thing I noticed is when the laptop lid is closed and the computer goes to sleep after it wakes up, there's a good chance the touchpad stops responding and the cursor drifts upwards. The touchpad will eventually start responding after a few seconds but it's extremely annoying.

I'd like to hear from others if they've experienced anything like this.

Thanks!

hytekj
Punch Card
Views: 172
Message 2 of 3

Re: X1 Yoga 3rd gen and polarized sunglasses, touchpad cursor drift

Just tried it, yup, can't see screen with polarized glasses. A huge bummer because I would be using on my boat.

joesixgig
802.11n
Views: 151
Message 3 of 3

Re: X1 Yoga 3rd gen and polarized sunglasses, touchpad cursor drift

@kevintong wrote:

I wanted to know if anyone else who has an X1 Yoga 3rd gen that has trouble using their laptop while wearing polarized sunglasses. I have no problems with other LCDs in their default orientation, but the X1 Yoga I can only see if the screen is turned into the vertical position, which makes it unusable as a laptop with the sunglasses on!

Wow, you're right! Same thing on my X1Y3 HDR screen. That's an amazing oversight, I thought it was 100% standard practice to mount these with their polarizers at 45deg exactly for this reason. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors