Options

11 Posts

10-30-2018

CA

20 Signins

164 Page Views

• Views: 164
  • Message 1 of 5

X1 Yoga (3rd gen) - battery charge tomfoolery?

2018-10-30, 14:03 PM

Hello,

Has anyone ever had this happen before?

As the title of the post suggests, I have a 3rd gen X1 Carbon Yoga (still under warranty) and yesterday the following happened. This is the second time since I have owned it.

I had used the battery down to about 20% and turned it off.

I then plugged in the charger and the red i dot on the ThinkPad logo blinked a couple times.

But! The charge light didn't light up ... right away at least.

I waited about 30 sec, and then turned the laptop on to see if it showed as charging. 

As soon as I pushed the power button, the charge light came on instantly.

I saw that it said "plugged in, charging" on the battery icon, so I powered down.

The charge light remained on.

I left it plugged in all night. And when I looked at it the next morning, the charge light was still on.

??

I powered on, and to my dismay, the laptop hadn't charged at all! But it said "plugged in, charging" on the battery icon again.

So, I powered down and waited. 

Within about 30 minutes, the charge was up to the 80% I have the charge capped at through the Lenovo Power Manager.

What could cause that?

Has anyone here experienced this sequence of events before?

Options

19 Posts

11-22-2018

AU

43 Signins

352 Page Views

• Views: 352
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: X1 Yoga (3rd gen) - battery charge tomfoolery?

2018-12-17, 7:42 AM

I don't have a solution for this, but for anyone else who finds this thread, there seems to be a longer thread with similar behavior over here:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/X1-YOGA-3rd-Gen-battery-not-charging-when-laptop-is-shut-down/m-p/4044710

I'm hoping that thread might get a solution eventually if it receives enough posts & views.

Options

1815 Posts

08-02-2018

US

697 Signins

10126 Page Views

• Views: 10126
  • Message 3 of 5

2019-02-03, 17:22 PM

Hi SyneRyder! Welcome to our forums community. We can not really tell what happen there. Just to clarify, are you still having the same issue or not? If not, we suggest you to install all available updates through the Lenovo Vantage app. You can get it here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/lenovo-vantage/9wzdncrfj4mv?activetab=pivot:overviewtab.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

19 Posts

11-22-2018

AU

43 Signins

352 Page Views

• Views: 352
  • Message 4 of 5

2019-02-03, 18:10 PM

Seems to be resolved now for me, it hasn't happened in a long time, but I'm not sure what fixed it. My guess is it was one of the updates via Lenovo Vantage, though I did also try tweaking some power settings in Vantage as well.  I'll keep an eye on it, but seems to be fixed now!

Options

402 Posts

08-02-2018

US

163 Signins

956 Page Views

• Views: 956
  • Message 5 of 5

2019-02-03, 20:40 PM

Awesome! Nice work! We're glad it's fixed now. Post here again if you have other queries. Have a good day! 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete