cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gkl_sf
What's DOS?
Views: 4,627
Message 1 of 9

X1 Yoga 3rd gen display matte or glossy?

PSREF is unclear if the display is matte/anti-glare or glossy.

For example, X1 Carbon 6th gen clearly states that FHD & WQHD are anti-glare, while HDR WQHD is glossy.

For X1 Yoga 3rd gen it's unclear. 

(X1 Yoga 2nd gen was available only with glossy screens. I ended up returning the OLED version as it was too glossy for my purposes.)

Can anyone who has received their X1Y3 shed more light on this?

Thank you!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 4,597
Message 2 of 9

Re: X1 Yoga 3rd gen display matte or glossy?

Welcome to the Community

I don't have x1 yoga gen3 but no doubt it has a glossy coated screen. The touch device is manufactured by Laibao, the screens are from AUO and LGD.

You might be interested to read this review either
https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-CES-2018/ThinkPad-X1-Yoga-Generation-3-review/m-p/3937837

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 4,511
Message 3 of 9

Hello.

X1 Yoga 3rd Generation have a anti reflective anit smudge surfce coating on them.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Thanks

Mike

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 4,503
Message 4 of 9

This a screen of x1 yoga gen3
https://download.lenovo.com//Images/Parts/01AY924/2.jpg

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

gkl_sf
What's DOS?
Views: 4,499
Message 5 of 9

Thank you for the pic! Looks very reflective. Do you know if this is the HDR WQHD screen or the regular FHD or WQHD screen?
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 4,448
Message 6 of 9

This particlar image is for x1 yoga gen3 WQHD LCD. But not a screen itself gives such reflection. Its coating does. Other LCD assemblies give the same effect.

YOGAbbagabbro
SCSI Port
Views: 3,920
Message 7 of 9

Wanted to add as I have the WQHD (non-HDR) model: the screen is fairly reflective. Seems to be a sub-screen filter (etc) that helps mitigate, possibly a coating as per x220forme 's response (though not obvious to me w/close inspection), but I've found the screen to be pretty reflective - maybe a touch less than the Surface Book (1st gen). I ordered a couple of matte screen protectors and have installed the one that arrived first, added also for some bite while using the pen on screen - and have been pretty happy with it.
Thinkpad X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, Lenovo TB3 Graphics Dock, Samsung UH 750 QLED UHD 4K Monitor
drjochen
Punch Card
Views: 3,112
Message 8 of 9

I have the matte screen which is just as glossy as the glossy screen on the previous Yoga. It's not matte!!!

YOGAbbagabbro
SCSI Port
Views: 3,109
Message 9 of 9

I have the 'matte' as well. I'm convinced they added a filter layer INside the screen - external is quite reflective despite any coating that may be applied IMO.

Thinkpad X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, Lenovo TB3 Graphics Dock, Samsung UH 750 QLED UHD 4K Monitor

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors