Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
dzwun
Not applicable
Views: 257
Message 1 of 5

X1 Yoga (3rd gen) trackpoint noise

Just got my X1Y3 and noticed that the trackpoint nub makes some clicking sounds (the pointer itself, not the buttons). It feels like a defect since my previous thinkpads haven't been like this, but I just want to double check that newer trackpoints weren't redesigned this way on purpose.

Might have to turn up the volume to hear it in the video, but in person the clicking feels and sounds very noticeable.

green5178
Not applicable
Views: 240
Message 2 of 5

Re: X1 Yoga (3rd gen) trackpoint noise

That is not normal.  I had 3 X1 Yoga 3rd gen and none did that.  Is it possible the trackpoint nub is not seated correctly and is hitting the g,h,b key when you are using the trackpoint?  If not i'm thinking there is something broken in the trackpoint/keyboard mechanism.  If you just got it I would exchange versus repair.  Just my personal opinion.

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
 If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may   help other forum members as well.
 T490, TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
 Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

dzwun
Not applicable
Views: 221
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for the confirmation.

Is it possible the trackpoint nub is not seated correctly and is hitting the g,h,b key when you are using the trackpoint?

From the tactile feedback, I feel like the clicks aren't coming from hitting the surrounding keys. I tried fiddling with the nub, but everything feels firmly in place so I guess the issue is under the hood somewhere.

If you just got it I would exchange versus repair.

Yeah I just got it but I forgot to mention this is an outlet refurb, so I'm not sure exchange is an option.

green5178
Not applicable
Views: 207
Message 4 of 5

I didnt know it was a refurb.  I would still call right away to see what the options are. 

Good luck and sorry for your troubles.

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
 If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may   help other forum members as well.
 T490, TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
 Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

dzwun
Not applicable
Views: 175
Message 5 of 5

Sending it off to the depot. Hopefully the repair will go smoothly. Thanks.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors