Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LaoKindr
Paper Tape
Views: 330
Message 1 of 5

X1 Yoga 4th gen Hinges

Hello,

I bought my Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga (4th gen) 2 week ago from China and laptop is not under warranty.

2 days ago, one of the hinges keeping the screen broke (photo). I tried to find replacement parts on the Lenovo website, but can't find the part number for the hinges.

I want to purchase hinges in Germany/Europe and replace them by myself, is it possible ?crack2.jpg

LaoKindr
Paper Tape
Views: 260
Message 2 of 5

Re: X1 Yoga 4th gen Hinges

Can please anybody from Lenovo help me with this ? Or I am stuck here with broken 3000$ laptop AND without any kind of support from manufacturer ?
Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 253
Message 3 of 5

Hi LaiKindr, and welcome to the Lenovo User Community!

First, this is primarily users helping users here, moderated by volunteers like me. There is increasing Lenovo presence, but they don't patrol the entire community. They do help with some of the broader issues.

It has no warranty? Anyhoo you can buy the spare part and install it yourself. The hinges appear to be part of the LCD assembly. Go to the Lenovo support site and do a parts lookup.

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
LaoKindr
Paper Tape
Views: 221
Message 4 of 5

Problem is - there are no hinges in the list of parts for x1 Yoga 4th, I see LCD only.
ujda765
Punch Card
Views: 204
Message 5 of 5

Call lenovo, ask for parts look up, at least it worked many times for me in the US, don't know how Lenovo in European countries works.

At this point, no one else sells the gen 4 hinge, only Lenovo has the parts. So you are just wasting time here.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors