07-15-2018

US

160 Signins

1196 Page Views

• Views: 1196
  • Message 11 of 13

Re: X1 Yoga 4th gen shuts down randomly every few minutes

2019-11-27, 7:18 AM

I had exactly the same problem,  tried all methods, doubted almost everything, then I figured out this is due to battery gauge data lost because of the battery connector is not seated properly.

From win 10, it looks battery is fully charged, but the problem is win 10 dose not refresh battery data constantly. For example, win 10 refresh battery data every 5 min, if the battery gauge data lost during this period of time, bios will shut down the computer.

Solution:

Run into bios, there is a menu to shut down the internal battery, shut it down.

Then open the back cover, remove screws holding the battery, disconnect the battery connector, and then reseat the connector.

This fixed my problem.

I think X1Y4 has much worse quality than X1Y3, I experienced camera fpc connector problem, now I experienced battery connector problem. These problems never happened for x1y3, x1y2 and x1y1.

Options

1 Posts

12-08-2019

CN

1 Signins

14 Page Views

• Views: 14
  • Message 12 of 13

2019-12-08, 12:07 PM

I have been having the exact same problem on my X1 Yoga 4th gen which I got about 2 months ago. I started noticing it when it won't wake up from sleep unless I plugged in, and then last week it started to randomly go to hibernate mode. Today it did it several times in a row :( Extremely disappointed with Lenovo. Should have just listened to my wife and just got a macbook pro......

Options

90 Posts

08-28-2016

US

236 Signins

857 Page Views

• Views: 857
  • Message 13 of 13

2019-12-08, 14:44 PM

So, last Monday Lenovo finally sent someone with a new motherboard. He replaced it, checked all connections, and guess what? It didnt fix it. Fortunately, the shutdown happened with the tech guy right there a few minutes after the replacement.

So then he ordered a new battery. It has been in the laptop for 3 days now and I have not had a single shutdown. Fingers crossed. He also asked my to disable vantage toolbar, supposedly that has also caused issues in the past.  

On a side note, with the new battery, my estimated battery life has also increased by about 25%.I  am testing real battery life now.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete