Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

7 Posts

08-25-2020

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

6 Signins

70 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 70
  • Message 1 of 1

Repair problems X1 Yoga 5th Gen - Faulty from new

2020-08-25, 8:18 AM

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone else has had issues with their X1 Yogas?

Mine arrived mid June and initially all seemed well. Early July I noted that the internal microphone wasn't showing up in teams. I tried all the usual resets etc to no avail and for several weeks had to rely on using an external webcam for meetings etc.  Contacted customer services who advised full reset and re-install.  This did not work.  Laptop therefore returned 11th August.

I'm still waiting for the laptop to be fixed.  Initially there was a parts delay for a new camera (which presumably incorporates the microphpne array). This finally arrived but now there is another parts hold to replace the screen.

Depressingly there has been no proactive contact at all from Lenovo, I have had to chase the repair and find out what is happening each time after logging into the flexrepairportal to ascertain where things were up to.  The response so far has been that I just have to put up with not being able to use the expensive new laptop I bought for several weeks.  I did pay extra for on-site next business day repair as I need this machine for work and have had to retrieve my old laptop from a family member I gave it to in order to do any work at all.

Thoroughly disappointed with customer services and speed of repair. Surely if a brand new laptop will take several weeks to repair and requires multiple faulty parts replacing Lenovo should consider providing the customer with a replacement and then sell the repaired one as a refurbished model?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms