Did you mean: 
Highlighted
cbx1yoga
Paper Tape
Views: 10,753
Message 1 of 18

X1 Yoga After Windows Update only Black Screen

Hey everyone.

Today I installed a new update for Windows 10 and after that the screen just stayed black. I suppose the update finished because my fingerprint reader was working and I was also able to change the volume wirh the keyboard and I also heard the notification sound. So I probably was signed in. So I restarted my laptop but It got stuck in the black screen with the red Lenovo label. But I was able to sign in (I suppose).  I am not even able tonstart the safe mode. 

Every help is appreciated. Thanks!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 10,748
Message 2 of 18

Re: X1 Yoga After Windows Update only Black Screen

Please have a look at this bulletin:  https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht501760

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

cbx1yoga
Paper Tape
Views: 10,745
Message 3 of 18

It worked, thank you very much! Do I have to change these settings back eventually?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 10,741
Message 4 of 18

That would be a good idea to maximize security - once the issue has been corrected.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

cbx1yoga
Paper Tape
Views: 10,728
Message 5 of 18

Okay thanks

fmvaz
Paper Tape
Views: 10,422
Message 6 of 18

Had this too, turned out to be the display adapter update (Inteh HD graphics 520) which I did manually in the adapter properties, just let winodows look for it, beeps and then black). Screen could be viewed but was extremely dim (only under light source) and with some trouble accessed the display settings and uninstalled the driver and the brightness was normal again. I only found out because my computer was still running and when I pressed Alt+F4 the white dialog appeared on screen that was just bright enough for me to realise the computer was still running and screen was (barely) working. May help someone!

Manal_q8
Paper Tape
Views: 10,304
Message 7 of 18

Thanks!

Had similar issue after manually updating the display adapter. Now it's disabled so I can view the screen but once I enable it back the screen goes black again!

I tried to reinstall the driver again and enable it but still same issue. What is the solution now? I can't control anything in the screen settings and i'm not able to change the brightness of the screen even!

RS1990
Paper Tape
Views: 9,093
Message 8 of 18

This did not work for me. I had to use the UEFI instructions and tried both, but neither works. Anything else that this could be? When I try to Go Back to Previous Build, it fails and tells me I have to reset my whole PC. 

Second question...looking at how old this issue is, how in the world does it still exist on a brand new Yoga that I got last week? What would happen if my parents ran into this? They would have no clue.

theles927098
What's DOS?
Views: 8,965
Message 9 of 18

Did not work for me, either!  Tried all the suggested remedies.  Now have to use an external screen connected via HDMI while my laptop is blank... And the screen has become non-touched after I reset windows 3-4 times.... At my wit's end now!!!! Intend to call Lenovo CS and send the laptop back (3 months old!) but I need one for work. Any advice is much appreciated.

WollyWolly
Paper Tape
Views: 8,811
Message 10 of 18

Hi, I am having the exact same issue. It began on 3/13/2017.

Have you been able to solve?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors