Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jhdore
Paper Tape
Views: 284
Message 1 of 4

X1 Yoga BIOS Update without Windows?

I have a ThinkPad Yoga X1 first gen (20FQ) from which I am removing the Windows partition as I use it exclusively with Kubuntu, and I'd like to reclaim the space. The only things that I can't quite figure out how to do without Windows are Firmware or BIOS updates. Are there standalone, bootable programs for this?

Thanks!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 280
Message 2 of 4

Re: X1 Yoga BIOS Update without Windows?

Bootable CD:

https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/mobiles/n1fur34w.iso

Connect through a powered hub as compact laptops often don't supply aenough power for reliable operation of most optical drives.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 276
Message 3 of 4

Or use the provided bootable flash drive creation tool.  Requires Windows on another machine or VM.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Linux-Discussion-Knowledge-Base/Update-ThinkPad-BIOS-with-bootable-flas...

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

jhdore
Paper Tape
Views: 269
Message 4 of 4

Excellent, many thanks!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors