cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnChou
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,247
Message 1 of 9

X1 Yoga: Cannot adjust Trackpoint or Touchpad speed in Lenovo Settings in Windows 10

So I have the updated Window 10 Home and Lenovo Settings Ver. 3.169.0.0. It doesn't allow me to adjust Trackpoint or Touchpad speed when I go to the tab "Input". Both speeds are kept lowest and I cannot scroll the bars at all.

What I can do is go to Synaptics Control Panel to adjust the speeds. However every time I open the laptop again after Sleep or Reboot, the speeds go back to lowest again. Please help me solve this issue. Thanks!

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 2,186
Message 2 of 9

Re: X1 Yoga: Cannot adjust Trackpoint or Touchpad speed in Lenovo Settings in Windows 10

We know about the issue where trackpoint speed adjustment doesn't work in Lenovo Settings (stuck at lowest position) and must be adjusted in the Control Panel instead.  However I haven't heard about the issue where the speed is reset to lowest after every sleep/reboot, and I can't reproduce that here.  Are you saying that every time you sleep/reboot, you have to go into the Control Panel to set the speed again?

JohnChou
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,170
Message 3 of 9

Re: X1 Yoga: Cannot adjust Trackpoint or Touchpad speed in Lenovo Settings in Windows 10

Capture.PNG

Hello, yes the speeds of trackpoint and touchpad are reset to lowest after every sleep/reboot and I have to go into the Control Panel to set the speeds again. 

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 2,166
Message 4 of 9

So if you reboot, and never run Lenovo Settings after the reboot, you still have to go into Control Panel to re-set the trackpoint and touchpad speed settings, every time?

JohnChou
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,160
Message 5 of 9

Yes! I just tried it again. Even if I close the lid, open it again and log into Windows, the speed becomes slowest now, again.

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 2,155
Message 6 of 9

OK, I got it.  But I'm still not able to reproduce this problem here and I haven't heard of it before.  So we need to do some more troubleshooting.  

I'm attaching a .zip file that contains 2 registry files.  Please try importing the "lsif-disable-touchpad-plugin.reg" file.  Just unzip and then double-click on it, then follow the on-screen prompts.  After this, reboot and change the speed settings one more time, if necessary.  Then keep rebooting some more and see if the setting finally sticks to where you want it.

This experiment will help us confirm whether it is Lenovo Settings that is causing the problem, or if it's the touchpad driver itself that has some problem.

JohnChou
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,152
Message 7 of 9

Hi, I followed your steps and the problem seems to be fixed now. I tried both "Restart" and "Sleep" mode and the speeds remain fast as I set. The Lenovo Settings is still showing lowest speeds though. Thank you!
Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 2,125
Message 8 of 9

@JohnChou wrote:
Hi, I followed your steps and the problem seems to be fixed now. I tried both "Restart" and "Sleep" mode and the speeds remain fast as I set. The Lenovo Settings is still showing lowest speeds though. Thank you!

Yes, after my steps the slider controls in Lenovo Settings will not function and will always be showing as lowest speeds (because my steps will disable those sliders so that they don't function anymore).  Anyway, you have confirmed that the problem is in Lenovo Settings, so we will need to look into it.  Thanks for your help!

heartsg
What's DOS?
Views: 1,823
Message 9 of 9

Hi, I am a Thinkpad x1 carbon (3rd Gen) user.

I encountered exactly the same problem yesterday.

It was fine, but after I went to Lenovo Settings app by chance yesterday, everything reset to 0 and can't be tuned in Lenovo Settings app thereafter. Change it back using Synaptics settings only works one-shot. When I close the lip (sleep) and reopen, everything reset to 0 again.

It might be related to the driver issues because I joined Windows insider program and just installed several Windows 10 updates in the past 10-20 days. However, since Synaptics settings can successfully adjust speed values, Lenovo Settings app apprearently has bugs too. Please solve it.

Thanks.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors