06-02-2016 11:36 AM - edited 06-02-2016 11:58 AM
I recently purchased a Thinkpad X1 Yoga, shipped on May 16, 2016.
I have an issue:
When I use the left side USB port (the one on the side of the power charging port) to charge my old Ipod and the laptop goes to sleep. The laptop does not wake up when opening the lid or pressing on the power button. However, as soon as I disconnect my Ipod from the USB port. The laptop immediately wakes up but unable to login using the fingerprint reader.
Specific steps to reproduce:
1) Plug x1 yoga power cord to the laptop
2) Plug Ipod to the left side USB port. Make sure Ipod has no earphones plugged in.
3) Put the laptop in sleep mode
4) Close the lid of the laptop
5) Wait until iPod is no longer being charged by the laptop (a few seconds after the laptop goes to sleep)
6) Wait until iPod automically turns off on its own (it takes 15 to 30 mins, not sure exactly how much time.)
7) Open the laptop lid and notice that the laptop is not waking up.
8) Press on the "power" button on the right side of the X1 Yoga. Notice that the laptop does not wake up.
9) Remove the iPod from the USB port on the left side of the X1 Yoga.
Notice that the laptop is now able to wake up.
Also notice that the finger print reader is not responding. Cannot login using the fingerprint reader.
Seems like a driver issue.
Lenovo please confirm!