Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pepsinio
Punch Card
Views: 3,160
Message 1 of 159

X1 Yoga Gen 3 Ghost touch

Hi All,

i recently starting to notice a very odd issue.

In case open the Yoga at 100 degrees and use it in my lap for example, even the slightest screen wobble results in ghost touches in the upper right corner. It is really annoying as it always minimizes or closes my windows. Has anyone else observed this and has a way to fix it?

joesixgig
802.11n
Views: 3,070
Message 2 of 159

Re: X1 Yoga Gen 3 Ghost touch

@Pepsinio wrote:

Hi All,

i recently starting to notice a very odd issue.

In case open the Yoga at 100 degrees and use it in my lap for example, even the slightest screen wobble results in ghost touches in the upper right corner. It is really annoying as it always minimizes or closes my windows. Has anyone else observed this and has a way to fix it?

Oof, that sounds infuriating. You mean 100 degree angle right, not Fahrenheit? Or Celsius???  Smiley Happy  I've never seen that behavior. If you send it in for service you might want to record a video of the problem first, in case the techs are not able to reproduce it. 

Pepsinio
Punch Card
Views: 3,062
Message 3 of 159

It is very easy to reproduce. Even the slightest wobble causes it to have the ghost touches. Tried reinstalls, hard reset, etc... nothing work. At the end i disabled the touchscreen until support reaches
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 3,058
Message 4 of 159

Either the digitizer or the cable is failing.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
joesixgig
802.11n
Views: 3,025
Message 5 of 159

@richk wrote:

Either the digitizer or the cable is failing.

Agreed, this sounds very much like a hardware issue. No need to reinstall any drivers or software imo if physical motion triggers the problem. Bad luck! Smiley Sad

Pepsinio
Punch Card
Views: 3,018
Message 6 of 159

Thanks for your feedback! Heading back for replacement tomorrow. 

Royal1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,998
Message 7 of 159

I'm having this issue too!

My laptop (Thinkpad X1 Yoga 3rd Gen with HDR panel) is maybe a month old, if that. But I don't think it started on day 1.

For me it's not on the right but on one of two very specific spots. One is the top left, about 1.5-2 inches from the left border, pretty much all the way at the top. The other spot is the same amount from the left but all the way at the bottom. The top one keeps causing Chrome to change tabs on me by clicking the tab in that spot (or if I have the perfect amount of tabs open, it clicks the little X in that tab to close it). The bottom one opens the Windows Cortana / "Type Here to Search" menu.

It happens usually when I adjust the tilt on the screen (I'm definitely not touching the actual screen). Or even from just moving the laptop a little on my lap, etc.

If I disable "HID-compliant touch screen" in the Device Manager, the problem does not occur. But then touch screen doesn't work (pen still works), so it's not a solution.

Tried reinstalling the drivers, checking for updates, etc. You all think it's definitely a hardware issue?

Edit to add: Mine happens regardless of what degree the screen is open at. Maybe some degrees are more sensitive than others but I was able to reproduce at many angles.

Pepsinio
Punch Card
Views: 2,966
Message 8 of 159

go for replacement. I still have not send mine, due to lack of time but it is hardware issue. The sympthoms i have are exactly the same, just on different spot.

0x6368
What's DOS?
Views: 2,860
Message 9 of 159

I have the same problem. I think it wasn't there from the beginning and I feel like it's getting worse.

In the video, it starts down at the bottom right where the pen icon is and continues at the top at 0:17.

Pepsinio
Punch Card
Views: 2,848
Message 10 of 159

Yep. Looks the same issue on the same locations on the screen as mine

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors