Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
t3chj0ck
What's DOS?
Views: 432
Message 91 of 134

Re: X1 Yoga Gen 3 Ghost touch

I have the same screen issues with the ghost click, on the notification button and maximized window close button.. and honestly, i just found out i can still use the pen with touch screen off. i'll keep for now i suppose. i'm really liking the pen, but confirmed another piece of bad hardware here. 

may send it back, but work laptop and super busy. Smiley Sad

Danzki
What's DOS?
Views: 351
Message 92 of 134

I also have the ghost touch problem. HDR screen, less than 4 weeks old. It seems to be getting worse as well.

I've made a support ticket, so hopefully they will fix it quickly

anthon_a
Fanfold Paper
Views: 331
Message 93 of 134

Start with the Firmware Update from Sept 3rd.  (in your lenovo update app)

it looks like it did the job for me. (close to a week now , not one ghost touch yet!)

Danzki
What's DOS?
Views: 317
Message 94 of 134

Lenovo actually came by today and installed a new screen. Really quick service! Let's hope it goes away

BeamerLED
Punch Card
Views: 312
Message 95 of 134

@anthon_a wrote:

Start with the Firmware Update from Sept 3rd.  (in your lenovo update app)

it looks like it did the job for me. (close to a week now , not one ghost touch yet!)

I did this a few days ago and it didn't change a thing.  Is there something specific you did besides reflash the firmware?  Was the laptop plugged in, or on battery?  Stable on a solid surface, or in your lap moving around?  Congrats on kicking out the ghost, now I wish we could figure out the magic recipe for the rest of us!

jgch
Fanfold Paper
Views: 307
Message 96 of 134

I did same. The ghost touch disappeared for about a week, came back today.

hytekj
Punch Card
Views: 254
Message 97 of 134

Are you all filing support tickets with Lenovo? For those that have filed support tickets have you asked for escalation? Unless everyone does that it wont be on there radar or at least a top priority. I would also suggest tweeting at them with a link to this thread...

Epitor
Fanfold Paper
Views: 250
Message 98 of 134

I hope that others who still have issues after having hardware swapped out have escalated their cases. I sent mine out and learned today that parts are two weeks out. It turns out they are swapping my LCD and keyboard.
chadwick17
Token Ring
Views: 198
Message 99 of 134

Still way too early to tell if this is going to last, but after updating my computer to Windows 10 1809 this morning, I have not seen a single ghost touch. I don't know if the update reset something and it'll regress over time again or if this is a more permanent solution, but I am so far cautiously optimistic. They'll probably return fifteen minutes after writing this post.

ThinkPad X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, i7-8650U, Intel 620 UHD Integrated Graphics, 2560x1440 HDR WQHD Display, 16GB LPDDR3 1600 RAM, 1 TB SSD
hytekj
Punch Card
Views: 160
Message 100 of 134

@chadwick17 wrote:

Still way too early to tell if this is going to last, but after updating my computer to Windows 10 1809 this morning, I have not seen a single ghost touch. I don't know if the update reset something and it'll regress over time again or if this is a more permanent solution, but I am so far cautiously optimistic. They'll probably return fifteen minutes after writing this post.

Alright I figured I'd test so I bought a X1 Yoga 3rd generation. Running Windows 1809 and all updated drivers. For those of you that are experiencing the issues versus not experiencing after updates, please post what version of Windows and drivers you are or were running when there was / was not an issue as well as your system's build date. May help narrow it down. And please please please make sure if you are having issues you are submitting and escalating tickets to Lenovo and even tweeting at them. Its worrisome that they have been so quiet on this.

Top Kudoed Authors