Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0x6368
What's DOS?
Views: 854
Message 11 of 134

Re: X1 Yoga Gen 3 Ghost touch

I feel like this mostly happens after I change the screens angle. So this might actually be a hardware problem. Can anyone else confirm this?

Cubic
Paper Tape
Views: 829
Message 12 of 134

I have the exact same problem. Ghost touches happen when the screen shakes due to moving the laptop or when manually tilting the screen. But also when I am in tablet mode and resting my palm on the screen to write with the pen, where it is very irritating. They occur in the upper and lower right side corners. It's exactly where the "Save as" button in the Windows ink sketchpad is and on the same horizontal position on the taskbar (where I currently have my loudness icon). 

I also have a Lenovo Yoga 610 from 2015 (I think) that had ghost touching and this could be fixed with a firmware update. Although the ghost touches happened randomly all over the screen and not only on two specific points. Has anybody contacted support and gotten an answer as to how to fix this?

Pepsinio
Punch Card
Views: 797
Message 13 of 134

Contact support for replacement. It is identified as hardware issue.
Cubic
Paper Tape
Views: 749
Message 14 of 134

Thanks, my screen was replaced and now it's fine.

nhojyelbom
What's DOS?
Views: 698
Message 15 of 134

I just sent mine in monday for this issue. Only few weeks old. Sometimes it is very frequent and then other times i can go all day with only a couple ghost touches. Happening on mine 2 inches from the side on left top and bottom. Only other issue is mouse drift up from sleep. 

BA712
Punch Card
Views: 587
Message 16 of 134

Hey guys, I think I seem be having the same problem. The screen was already replaced for another problem and now the new screen seem to register ghost touches sometimes when the screen in tilted or the laptop is moved. Guys who had it fixed, do you know what exactly they replaced? The screen? cables?

Thanks for the help.

joesixgig
802.11n
Views: 555
Message 17 of 134

Ugh, I'm sorry to report that I'm now part of this elite group of people. My X1Y3 just started doing the ghost touch thing in the lower right corner. I've had the system for three months without as much as a single ghost touch, so the bad news for Lenovo (and its users) is that this problem seems to develop over time. I hope it stays a rare problem. 

For mine it's ghost tapping in the lower right corner, on the keyboard language selector next to the system tray. It's not the end of the world, but I imagine it could lead to unintended slide switches when giving a presentation. Better keep the lid closed during those for now. 

I'm interested in hearing how people got this resolved, as in what do you say when you contact support. Do you need to send video proof of the problem, or do they just take your word for it? 

Pepsinio
Punch Card
Views: 536
Message 18 of 134

I replaced my laptop and the new one also has it. What i have noticed is that sometimes just dissapears and sometimes happens constantly. I guess the only proper fix is screen replacement and most of the laptops will develop this issue over time regardless.

Royal1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 529
Message 19 of 134

Re: X1 Yoga Gen 3 Ghost touchis

I thought I had posted an update here since my last post but turns out I didn't. Maybe I posted elsewhere.

To recap, I had the same issue. It kept getting worse and worse and sometimes would ghost touch multiple times per minute at certain angles.

I got a replacement laptop from Lenovo because my laptop was so new. The replacement had even worse issues unrelated to ghost touch (issues with the rise and fall keyboard "falling"/disabling at very open angles). In the several day overlap between the original and replacement laptops, the original suddenly stopped ghost touching.

Since then, over 1 month has gone by and I've had no ghost touches. I couldn't tell you what fixed it. Somehow it fixed itself....

joesixgig
802.11n
Views: 518
Message 20 of 134

Re: X1 Yoga Gen 3 Ghost touchis

@Royal1 wrote:

Since then, over 1 month has gone by and I've had no ghost touches. I couldn't tell you what fixed it. Somehow it fixed itself....

Well obviously the ghost left and moved on to haunt the next customer.. Smiley Happy

Seriously though, these are very annoying problems. Amazingly this is my second ThinkPad in a row with touch issues. On my previous Lenovo (TPY12) I couldn't dock it with the screen closed because of ghost touches in the lower right corner, which I assumed was some issue with EM shielding or maybe even strain. I didn't expect to run into a similar issue on the very next ThinkPad I'd buy! The Surface Book line is looking better and better.. I truly hope there's a long meeting with key Lenovo engineers regarding this issue!

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors