Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WLarry
What's DOS?
Views: 599
Message 281 of 295

Re: X1 Yoga Gen 3 Ghost touch

I have the same issue - it seemed to have been better after one of the recent bios updates for a short while, but now it's back again, perhaps at a slightly lower intensity.

mc20
Fanfold Paper
Views: 564
Message 282 of 295

Finally had some time to research the crazy behaviour I have experienced on an doff with my X1 Yoga 3rd Gen in the past few months, found this thread and I am joining the Ghost Club! The sad thing for me is I am out of warranty by 2 months! This thread has helped giving me some perspective to take notice of when the Ghost returns.  Thanks for everyone who has contributed.  I'm going to try some of the suggestions made here and see how my luck goes! 

Pepsinio
Punch Card
Views: 541
Message 283 of 295

Extend your warranty. I have 4yrs warranty in total to be on the safe side Smiley Happy

blackcoffee
Paper Tape
Views: 506
Message 284 of 295

Solved

blueramcards
Paper Tape
Views: 314
Message 285 of 295

Hey all, just wanted to add my experience to the list. I've been following this post since June 2018 when I purchased my X1Y3 and immediately starting noticing ghost touches. I primarily use my computer with the touch screen disabled via Device Manager, but will finally send it in for warranty now that I have another computer I can use at work.

jgch
Punch Card
Views: 273
Message 286 of 295

Got my screen replaced in August after the ghost touch issue got really bad. In the first weeks after the repair, the issue was gone. However, in recent weeks, it reappeared.

So I will send it in for warranty repair again.

joesixgig
802.11n
Views: 233
Message 287 of 295

@jgch wrote:

Got my screen replaced in August after the ghost touch issue got really bad. In the first weeks after the repair, the issue was gone. However, in recent weeks, it reappeared.

So I will send it in for warranty repair again.

Ugh that sucks. For now I seem to be lucky. For a while it was pretty bad, but by now I've gone months without a single ghost touch. Let's hope it stays that way.. 

caleba
What's DOS?
Views: 172
Message 288 of 295

Adding mine as well.

I installed Arch Linux, and I thought it was an issue with that, but I'm getting the exact same issue. For me, it's about 1-2 inches from the top right, and 6 inches from the top left.

So, for any Windows users, that probably means that this issue is not going to be fixed with a reset. My guess is that the only fix (barring a screen replacement) is a driver update or a firmware/BIOS update.

Smiley Sad very very frustrating and it completely throws off my workflow.

tlmotorsport
What's DOS?
Views: 163
Message 289 of 295

@tlmotorsport wrote:

So, adding to the people with the ghost touch. Although my service through one of the authorized service centers has been... disapointing but they've provided me an interesting option.

The Story: I too have the X1Y3 with the HDR screen that developed the ghost touch.  Now I had swapped out the stock 256gb drive for my own 1Tb, so first thinking it might have been maybe missing a driver install or something I switch back to the stock HD for a bit and let it go through all the updates.  A few hours after that, the sys board died.  So took it in in December, had both replaced over the course of a bit more than 2 weeks.  Finally get it back and the back cover behind the screen is cracked where a screw pushed through and only half the keys retracted the way they were supposed to.  Supposedly the cover was on back order so I gave it a couple weeks, during which time I noticed the new screen also had the ghost touch.  Took it back in to get the keyboard fixed and hopefully the back cover in, wait around 2 weeks while it was basically ignored before a new keyboard is ordered. It finally gets replaced, but the charger for the pen doesnt get transfered over, so back it goes again (also at this point the wire managment inside is a mess with an antenna wire pinched between the chassis and the sys board) since they now also have the back cover in.  So while they are working on it today, they cracked the screen that was in there.  Since this is also a retailer, they are now offering to replace the laptop all together with something from their stock, which the best they got is the same with a bigger hard drive and the non HDR version of the screen, so effectively one that per Lenovo pricing is slightly more expensive.  Given that there doesnt seem to be any resolution to the ghost touch from Lenovo and it seeming to be only on the HDR screens, I'm defiitely considering accepting this option, but I'd love to see some other opinions from others who have had the persistent ghost touch.  One thing I'm somewhat sure on, is I'm not sure I want this laptop back given how much its been apart and back together so not sure how much I'd be willing to trust it long terrm/post warranty.

So I just wanted to follow up on some of the train of thought here,  I ended up taking the switch to the non HDR screen and have not once had a problem with a ghost touch.  Has there been anyone with a non HDR screen that has had these ghost touch issies?

SuoiruC
What's DOS?
Views: 87
Message 290 of 295

I've also been experiencing the jumping pointer to the upper and lower right corners.  Been living with this issue for almost 2 years.  Haven't been willing to give up my X1Y3 LD20 to get the display replaced but getting close to end of warranty so I'm going to have to bite the bullet and take it in for Depot service.  After reading all the horror stories, I don't have a lot of confidence that I'm going to get a better working system back.

So, I didn't see a concensus on whether we should each open our own forum topic for the issue or what.  For those of you that have worked with the Lenovo support process and talked to case managers, what's the recommendation?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors