Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nhojyelbom
What's DOS?
Views: 598
Message 21 of 134

Re: X1 Yoga Gen 3 Ghost touch

they stated the fix on mine was to reseat the lcd or touch cable. have not seen the issue again but i dont use the computer much. guess im going to be forced into extending the warranty to make sure im not having to pay for a new high res touch display

Pijotrek
What's DOS?
Views: 511
Message 22 of 134

i have exactly the same problem.

So far i was trying following solutions (but without any success - you can skip this steps and save a lot of time)

1. windows fresh install - not helping

2. updating the drivers - not helping

3. perventing system from changing the screen refresh rate from 60Hz to 44Hz in order to save the battery life.

4. calibrating the touch screen - not helping

tommorow i will contact the lenovo support... again. - it might be the screen issue. It will be my second rapair within two weeks - after replacing the motherboard (because the WAN/LTE modul was broken) Is there any quality control there? This is a highest lenovo line, a proffesional thinkpad line. Come on, Be serious.

Lincoln32
Blue Screen Again
Views: 494
Message 23 of 134

Just had mine picked up to be repaired in the Tennessee facility.  Funny, it had no issues for the first couple of weeks and I swear the ghost touching developed when I upgraded drivers/bios.  Anywho, hoping the fix is permanent.

Cubic
Paper Tape
Views: 486
Message 24 of 134

My recent experience with the lenovo quality is this: My company ordered seven X1 Yoga Gen3 laptops so far and four have shown the ghost touch issue. Two of the remaining laptops haven't even been in use yet. It's only logical to assume that at least one of these is also affected. Only a small sample, I know, but for us this has caused some trouble and very frustrated users. The affected laptops are also pretty far apart in terms of serial number (R90QRxxx, R90QQxxx and R90QUxxx).

Our IT service provider (that we acquire the laptops from) will have the screens replaced by lenovo technical support now before even touching them and deploying our software package. 

joesixgig
802.11n
Views: 476
Message 25 of 134

For those that have the issue repaired by having the screen replaced, how did the repair turn out? Does the repaired unit still look and work like new or did it end up scratched/scuffed? I'd like to have this fixed on mine as well.

ShaneAU
What's DOS?
Views: 420
Message 26 of 134

Same issue here. Driving me crazy - top right hand corner is the most common place it ghosts closing my windows. Also centre bottom and centre top. Expensive laptop less than 2 months old, frustrating.

cpt_trip
What's DOS?
Views: 418
Message 27 of 134

I got my x1 yoga 3rd gen replaced as DOA (dead on arrival) so I had no screen replacement or repair. The replacement works great with no issues so far. My yogas was two weeks old only though.

Lincoln32
Blue Screen Again
Views: 384
Message 28 of 134

Got a call from repair center a couple of days ago.  Asking to wipe my drive for a fresh install.  Reluctantly I agreed because I have most of my things backed up.  Kind of confirms my theory that the ghost touching began after the bios update.  Will report back.  BTW, website giving me issues that my repair doesnt exist, on the phone now, waiting in line.

nhojyelbom
What's DOS?
Views: 380
Message 29 of 134

wipe only was a temporary fix for me, actually did it twice on even a spare nvme ssd. did not start unil atleast 3 hours on one and day or sao on other. i dont use this computer much, and still have not since repair. hopefully after they reseated the cable no more issues 

psierak
Blue Screen Again
Views: 316
Message 30 of 134

I am having the same problem with my x1 yoga 3rd gen with hdr screen. Mine does a ghost touch randomly in the top right of the screen and closes my programs.

Very frustrating. 

Top Kudoed Authors