Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
psierak
Blue Screen Again
Views: 312
Message 41 of 134

Re: X1 Yoga Gen 3 Ghost touch

Disable the touch screen in device manager in mean time.

Waiting for my on site service for screen replacement next week.

drjochen
Punch Card
Views: 308
Message 42 of 134

That’s what I did. Not why I bought a touchscreen and paid over $2000.....

My last four Lenovo computers all had serious issues.

1) First X1 tablet had issues with recognizing keyboard and second battery. Never resolved. 

2) second X1 tabled was bricked by Lenovo firmware update. 

3) X1 Yoga first gen had horrible battery live, usually below two hours, and the touchpad failed. 

4) third gen now has the screen issue. 

So four out of four with issues that needed service. Impressive record.......

hytekj
Punch Card
Views: 296
Message 43 of 134

@chadwick17 wrote:

This doesn't give me hope if people are still seeing issues even after having them repaired. The ghost touching makes the computer completely unusable at times. I would hope Lenovo would step up to the plate and get this sorted out. Otherwise, this is the kind of thing that would cause me to walk away from Lenovo products for good.

Does anyone make anything 2-in-1 comparable to the Yoga X1?

Is Dell next best?

chadwick17
Token Ring
Views: 286
Message 44 of 134

Yes, I would look at Dell.

ThinkPad X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, i7-8650U, Intel 620 UHD Integrated Graphics, 2560x1440 HDR WQHD Display, 16GB LPDDR3 1600 RAM, 1 TB SSD
andre543
Paper Tape
Views: 249
Message 45 of 134

I am now also in the elite group of Ghosts...
My thinkpad X1 Yoga 2018 started ghost touching during the last 3 weeks and it continues on although I tried several hacks with device manager, new calibration and proper cleaning. 

Anyhow also my touchpad started to do crazy things while using gestures and multi-toouch (scrolling, zooming).
I disabled it and enabled it again and it´s gone. Due to my experience with the touch display I am afraid, that also my touchpad will have "ghost touching issues" in the future.

Is it possible to call in Lenovo support, to change touchpad and touchscreen on-site within a day, because I need the notebook for my work. Will they renew the garantuee?

Edit: I checked in the touchpad issue and it appears while the notebook is on AC supply. On battery this issues does not appear.
Anyhow I am really pissed about Lenovo and the bios update policy as well the engineering regarding these issues. What about testing? What about update policies and customer support for the notebooks?

Otherwise I am also checking out Dell and Surface (be aware of Surface 2 - There have been major high tone peeping issues while loading causing also returnings). 
thanks for your help.

anthon_a
Fanfold Paper
Views: 235
Message 46 of 134

Screen and PAd can be replaced in the same day. But you need to find a Authorised service center in the area that is cooperative. 

we are one and we often accomodate customers, we check the notebook, order the parts and when in the customer comes back with the unit and replace the parts. I beleive to replace both parts it will take a couple hours though....

anthon_a
Fanfold Paper
Views: 230
Message 47 of 134

My X1 is  ghosting as well.

I had the screen replaced around 3-4 months ago,  problem  started about a month after getting unit, once and while and got worse over time. at the end it was almost unusable.... after replacing screen issue totaly disapeared.... Last week it starting up again Smiley Sad

I have no doubt its the screen... after replacing it, issue was solved instantly.

it might be possible to resolved this through a firmware though. 

We sold at least a dozen of these units (another person is using one in my office) without any issues so its not wide spread, i have the HDR unit. 

andre543
Paper Tape
Views: 220
Message 48 of 134

Thanks for your infos and description! I will try to handle it like this.
hytekj
Punch Card
Views: 208
Message 49 of 134

@andre543 wrote:

I am now also in the elite group of Ghosts...
My thinkpad X1 Yoga 2018 started ghost touching during the last 3 weeks and it continues on although I tried several hacks with device manager, new calibration and proper cleaning. 

Anyhow also my touchpad started to do crazy things while using gestures and multi-toouch (scrolling, zooming).
I disabled it and enabled it again and it´s gone. Due to my experience with the touch display I am afraid, that also my touchpad will have "ghost touching issues" in the future.

Is it possible to call in Lenovo support, to change touchpad and touchscreen on-site within a day, because I need the notebook for my work. Will they renew the garantuee?

Edit: I checked in the touchpad issue and it appears while the notebook is on AC supply. On battery this issues does not appear.
Anyhow I am really pissed about Lenovo and the bios update policy as well the engineering regarding these issues. What about testing? What about update policies and customer support for the notebooks?

Otherwise I am also checking out Dell and Surface (be aware of Surface 2 - There have been major high tone peeping issues while loading causing also returnings). 
thanks for your help.

Do not get a Surface Device... they are crap... I've tested the Surface Pro and Surface Book 2. 

BeamerLED
Punch Card
Views: 178
Message 50 of 134

I am thrilled to join the Ghost Club!  Mine seems to happen along the top of the screen.  It will switch browser tabs, minimize or close windows, etc.  This thing is only two weeks old, time to call support and get a repair, though it sounds like that doesn't always work either.  After being a Dell user for almost two decades, I decided to give Lenovo a try.  Nice machine, but this ghost touch thing is annoying.

What kind of screen do you all have?  Is this problem only with the HDR display (that's what I have), or with any display option?

Top Kudoed Authors