Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anthon_a
Fanfold Paper
Views: 275
Message 61 of 134

Re: X1 Yoga Gen 3 Ghost touch

actually they might not even have to exclude it, maybe it possible to reduce sensitivity... 

BeamerLED
Punch Card
Views: 270
Message 62 of 134

No such update shows up for me.  I got very excited for a minute there!  I wonder why it's not there.  Different panel mfg maybe?

psierak
Blue Screen Again
Views: 260
Message 63 of 134

They touchscreen firmware update was on Sept 3.. I already installed it... Problem persisted for me Smiley Sad 

carstenbl
Paper Tape
Views: 231
Message 64 of 134

Did replacing parts fix the problem permanently for anyone here? I'm about to just return the laptop. I had the screen replaced, then the system board. Both did nothing to fix the problem. Then they replaced the whole machine. After two weeks now I see the same problem again. If there is no permanent solution returning the laptop is the only option for me.

Lincoln32
Blue Screen Again
Views: 209
Message 65 of 134

I didnt have anything replaced as claimed by support.  They just re-imaged my drive.  It did work and now I rarely get ghost touches.  I really do believe this is a software issue.  LENOVO, CREATE A DIAGNOTIC/RECALIBRATION SOFTWARE! Maybe during the firmware/software updates, each person is using their panel differently or moving it while the update is being applied, causing the touch functionality to be "off-key".  I remember updating my laptop on a bed.... so theres that LOL

carstenbl
Paper Tape
Views: 204
Message 66 of 134

I would argue even "rarely" is too often for a $3000 machine...

BeamerLED
Punch Card
Views: 184
Message 67 of 134

I would also love to know if anyone has actually had a permanent fix for this.  I have about 10 days left before I can no longer return the machine.  I love this laptop, but fear that a return may be inevitable.  Bummer...

Lincoln32
Blue Screen Again
Views: 177
Message 68 of 134

I think it all depends on what YOUR particular needs are. I cannot find an LTE laptop with QHD display, USB-C and 8th gen processor. The next option is a Surface pro and I cannot trust that machine to be rugged enough to handle the traveling I do. If your laptop is used purely for fun/games/etc then yeah, return it. I use mine to make money and it has paid itself over many times. All of our laptops will eventually end up in a landfill, so the question of what you use it for is the determinant factor.
BeamerLED
Punch Card
Views: 169
Message 69 of 134

I have an older Dell Precision, but wanted something smaller and lighter for easier travelling.  I also wanted a 2-in-1 because that will make some things I do much easier, as well as enable new use cases for me.  I use it for a mix of work and home stuff, so yes, money is on the line here.  When the only solution to fix the touchscreen is to disable the touchscreen, it is a bit ridiculous.  For those who do not need touch, there's no loss, but for the rest of us it is a bit of a deal breaker.  I can't have my machine randomly closing windows, changing tools in apps, etc. just because I jostled it a tiny bit.

carstenbl
Paper Tape
Views: 164
Message 70 of 134

Well, just get the X1 Carbon then.

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors