Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anthon_a
Fanfold Paper
Views: 377
Message 61 of 189

Re: X1 Yoga Gen 3 Ghost touch

actually they might not even have to exclude it, maybe it possible to reduce sensitivity... 

BeamerLED
Punch Card
Views: 372
Message 62 of 189

No such update shows up for me.  I got very excited for a minute there!  I wonder why it's not there.  Different panel mfg maybe?

psierak
Blue Screen Again
Views: 362
Message 63 of 189

They touchscreen firmware update was on Sept 3.. I already installed it... Problem persisted for me Smiley Sad 

carstenbl
Paper Tape
Views: 333
Message 64 of 189

Did replacing parts fix the problem permanently for anyone here? I'm about to just return the laptop. I had the screen replaced, then the system board. Both did nothing to fix the problem. Then they replaced the whole machine. After two weeks now I see the same problem again. If there is no permanent solution returning the laptop is the only option for me.

Lincoln32
Blue Screen Again
Views: 311
Message 65 of 189

I didnt have anything replaced as claimed by support.  They just re-imaged my drive.  It did work and now I rarely get ghost touches.  I really do believe this is a software issue.  LENOVO, CREATE A DIAGNOTIC/RECALIBRATION SOFTWARE! Maybe during the firmware/software updates, each person is using their panel differently or moving it while the update is being applied, causing the touch functionality to be "off-key".  I remember updating my laptop on a bed.... so theres that LOL

carstenbl
Paper Tape
Views: 306
Message 66 of 189

I would argue even "rarely" is too often for a $3000 machine...

BeamerLED
Punch Card
Views: 286
Message 67 of 189

I would also love to know if anyone has actually had a permanent fix for this.  I have about 10 days left before I can no longer return the machine.  I love this laptop, but fear that a return may be inevitable.  Bummer...

Lincoln32
Blue Screen Again
Views: 279
Message 68 of 189

I think it all depends on what YOUR particular needs are. I cannot find an LTE laptop with QHD display, USB-C and 8th gen processor. The next option is a Surface pro and I cannot trust that machine to be rugged enough to handle the traveling I do. If your laptop is used purely for fun/games/etc then yeah, return it. I use mine to make money and it has paid itself over many times. All of our laptops will eventually end up in a landfill, so the question of what you use it for is the determinant factor.
BeamerLED
Punch Card
Views: 271
Message 69 of 189

I have an older Dell Precision, but wanted something smaller and lighter for easier travelling.  I also wanted a 2-in-1 because that will make some things I do much easier, as well as enable new use cases for me.  I use it for a mix of work and home stuff, so yes, money is on the line here.  When the only solution to fix the touchscreen is to disable the touchscreen, it is a bit ridiculous.  For those who do not need touch, there's no loss, but for the rest of us it is a bit of a deal breaker.  I can't have my machine randomly closing windows, changing tools in apps, etc. just because I jostled it a tiny bit.

carstenbl
Paper Tape
Views: 266
Message 70 of 189

Well, just get the X1 Carbon then.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors