Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrianHFASPS
Token Ring
Views: 185
Message 1 of 5

X1 Yoga Gen 3 charging issues

At my school we have 15 X1 Yoga Gen 3 we got last summer. We have now had 4 fail in a way that they will no longer charge. If you plug in charger to USB-C port the light doesn't come on and they won't power on once battery is drained. Anyone else have this issue or are we just really unlucky?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 176
Message 2 of 5

Re: X1 Yoga Gen 3 charging issues

Mine charges fine and I have the latest BIOS, etc.  Are you using the original charger?  Can you try the charger from one of the machines that DOES charge?

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
BrianHFASPS
Token Ring
Views: 173
Message 3 of 5

Yes, original in box chargers or Lenovo Thunderbolt 3 docks. Tried swapping chargers. These have all been repaired and verified non-functional by Lenovo service provider.

JanFB
Paper Tape
Views: 125
Message 4 of 5

I Had this problem with my X1 yoga gen 3 where one of the two usb C ports could not be used to charge anymore. To fox this I went to the bios and chose disconnect battery which would power down the system hard. I did this while the charger was disconnected. After re-connecting the charger both usb C ports were usable to charge the computer again. Maybe this helps. (You could also try to disconnect and reconnect the battery pack manually on the main board)... -Jan
BrianHFASPS
Token Ring
Views: 82
Message 5 of 5

Thanks for that suggestion. I had success along those lines with one machine where I totally discharge battery and then it seems to have been fixed. It seemed to work after that. It does sometimes seem to be BIOS issues. Other times it seems to be a system board issue.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors