Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tvBilly1
SCSI Port
Views: 2,692
Message 1 of 12

X1 Yoga Gen2 OLED - Color Settings stopped working under Win10 1709

So just got the new update to Windows 10 (1709), and the same problem with Color Settings has reared it's head again.

The Color Setting (Native | Standard | Photo Pro | Movie Pro | Blue Light Cut) modes don't seem to be working anymore. Doesn't matter if I change the settings with a right click on the desktop menu "Select Color Setting" or use the Lenovo Companion App's Display tab. The setting I make tracks between the desktop menu and the Lenovo Settings app, just nothing changes on the OLED screen.

This is the same thing that happened with the last update to Win 10 (1703), and the fix was given to us by Rydeen at Lenovo in the  Select-Color-Settings-Not-Working-on-X1-YOGA-OLED thread. Short form is to uninstall the Lenovo System Interface Foundation and then re-install it.

The trouble is you can't follow the instructions that Rydeen gave anymore.

(1) There is no more “Lenovo System Interface Foundation” so it can't be un-installed. Which sort of makes #2 moot, but none the less, (2) click “Lenovo Settings” to launch and you will be prompted to install “Lenovo System Interface Driver”. Except there is no more Lenovo Settings; it was absorbed by Lenovo Companion and doesn't work anymore (and Lenovo Settings tells you to uninstall it).

So Rydeen (or anyone else Smiley Happy), what is the current "fix" for the problem? I'd like my Color Settings to work again.

(Also, a new version of Netflix was installed with the 1709 Win update, and the flicker problem seems to be gone. Don't know if it will come back once the “ChromaTune” fix is re-installed though).

Billy

Lenovo Employee hzfdbd
Lenovo Employee
Views: 2,661
Message 2 of 12

Re: X1 Yoga Gen2 OLED - Color Settings stopped working under Win10 1709

HI,

Lenovo System Interface foundation(driver) is now a driver in device manager.

Please find it in device manager->System Device

And you could uninstall it and reboot.

tvBilly1
SCSI Port
Views: 2,654
Message 3 of 12

Thanks for the info, but before I delete the Lenovo System Interface Foundation in the device manager, I want to make sure I understand what I'm supposed to do after that. I want to be sure that after I uninstall the Lenovo System Interface foundation with the device manager that I'll be able to re-install it. (Sorry if these are obvious questions, I'm a Windows neophite, was brought up on Unix and then Apple).

I can't launch Lenovo Settings anymore as it doesn't exist and has been absorbed by Lenovo Companion. So once I delete Lenovo System Interface Foundation in the device manager and restart, will launching Lenovo Companion cause me to be prompted to install the “Lenovo System Interface Driver” and then connect me via the browser to the proper place on the web to download the installer (as the Lenovo Settings application did in the past)? And will this installer do the right thing in installing the Lenovo System Interface foundation as device manager driver, rather than as the old application?

Thanks!

Oh, and I presume the driver in question is called "System Interface Foundation V2 Device" (no Lenovo at the beginning).

Billy

Lenovo Employee hzfdbd
Lenovo Employee
Views: 2,644
Message 4 of 12

Yes, Lenovo Companion will prmopt you to install Lenovo System Interface Foundation.
And there is chance that you could not use Lenovo Setting any more. But you could use Companion.

tvBilly1
SCSI Port
Views: 2,607
Message 5 of 12

Well that didn't work out exactly as desired...

I uninstalled the Lenovo System Interface foundation(driver) in the device manager (including removing the driver), rebooted, went to Lenovo Companion, it sent me to download the installer (as expected), which I then installed and rebooted.

After that the Color Selection choice was no longer available when right clicking on the desktop. Not that it doesn't work, it's not there anymore. Went into the Lenovo Companion, in the settings section, and the Color Selection choices were still there, but didn't do anything.

So I rebooted, went back to the Device Manager, removed the Lenovo System Interface foundation(driver) AGAIN, rebooted again, went back to Lenovo Companion, it sent me to the web again, downloaded the installer again, ran it and rebooted. Now not only are the Color Selection choices not available right clicking on the desktop, they have now disappeared from the Settings section of the Lenovo Companion as well.

Sigh.

Lenovo Employee hzfdbd
Lenovo Employee
Views: 2,580
Message 6 of 12

Hi Tvbilly1,

You need to reboot system or restart IMController service several times to re-download OLED related components.

LSIF will download and install the latest version of components when system is reboot and log in.

You need need at least two reboots.

tvBilly1
SCSI Port
Views: 2,523
Message 7 of 12

Still no luck. I have rebooted more than a dozen times, and there's still no change. No Color Settings either by right clicking on the desktop or when opening Lenovo Companion and going to the settings section where the settings used to be.

Please help.

Lenovo Employee hzfdbd
Lenovo Employee
Views: 2,488
Message 8 of 12

Sorry, there is something unexpected.

Please open the folder

c:\programdata\lenovo\IMController\temp\pendingpackages\chromaTunePackage_\x86

And click the setup.exe to install OLED component.

Please let me know if this workaround is OK for you.

tvBilly1
SCSI Port
Views: 2,452
Message 9 of 12

YES!

Thank you, your last suggestion worked for me. I have Color Settings now, both via the right click on the desktop and inside the Lenovo Companion - Hardware Settings section; Color Settings works from both places.

Billy

2ndtry
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,533
Message 10 of 12

This currently doesn't work on Windows 10 April (spring) Update 1803 / 1804

Waiting for either new System interface package or updated Intel video driver

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors