cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jim6mi
Paper Tape
Views: 625
Message 1 of 3

X1 Yoga + New ThinkPad Thunderbolt Dock + 2 Displayport-connected Monitors = Not Working

Not able to get two monitors (Samsung S27E450) plugged into a ThinkPad Thunderbolt 3 docking unit to work with my X1 Yoga (Gen 2).   Montiors connected to docking via DisplayPort cables.   Windows 10 shows the monitors showing up as "Generic PnP" so something is being recognized.  Tried deleting the device in Device Manager, reboot.  Not finding the drivers on the Samsung site.   Any help appreciated. 

tdroz
Serial Port
Views: 575
Message 2 of 3

Re: X1 Yoga + New ThinkPad Thunderbolt Dock + 2 Displayport-connected Monitors = Not Working

Are you running all 3 displays?  2 external and the laptop display?  Try it with the laptop closed and the other 2 monitors plugged in.

Highlighted
tschaena
What's DOS?
Views: 485
Message 3 of 3

Re: X1 Yoga + New ThinkPad Thunderbolt Dock + 2 Displayport-connected Monitors = Not Working

Hi there

I had a similar problem with my X1 Yoga (3rd Generation) and the Lenovo Thunderbolt 3 Dock where one display remained black and the display signal generally seemed to be very unstable. 

After replacing my old DisplayPort cables with shorter ones having a higher quality I do not have anymore this problem.

Cheers

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors