Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gjel
Punch Card
Views: 1,605
Message 21 of 45

Re: X1 Yoga OLED WWAN/NFC Questions

Perhaps you must think a little to understand that "full disassemble" is not undoubtedly...
guho
SCSI Port
Views: 1,527
Message 22 of 45

@_AD_ wrote:

Hi Guho,

Was planning on replying this morning.Smiley Happy. Everything went well and it's functioning as expected.  I'd say the brunt of the 

Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks _AD_, I am still waiting for my replacement X1 Yoga OLED. The depot has no system boards and a broken SD card slot requires a system board swap. So the machine is back and I have a replacement coming but it seems like it won't be until November. It's a nightmare. Does your touch screen still work the same after the WWAN installation? My touch screen stopped working. There are no entries for it in the Device Manager/Human Interface Devices anymore. It used to work when I got the machine.

_AD_
Paper Tape
Views: 1,521
Message 23 of 45

Yes, everything works great. With this being a newer model, I'm not surprised there are manufacturing issues. It seems to be luck of the draw. I splurged a bit for NBD service just in case something like that happened.

Mrt007
Paper Tape
Views: 1,412
Message 24 of 45

Hi All:

I have the X1 Yoga Oled with no WWAN. I bought the 7455 from Lenovo. I also have NBD service. How can I get them to install this card and antennae kit? (If so do you have their contact details). Is it covered under the NBD service?

T.

PS: I gave my rep the order for the X1 Oled with WWAN but he accidently ommitted it. it is 3 months later now, so hoping to get this retro added.

Highlighted
ThinkBox
Token Ring
Views: 1,409
Message 25 of 45

ThinkBox
Token Ring
Views: 1,408
Message 26 of 45

guho
SCSI Port
Views: 1,310
Message 27 of 45

@_AD_ wrote:

Was planning on replying this morning.Smiley Happy. Everything went well and it's functioning as expected.  I'd as got the bottom edge up first and carefully used a spudger to pry around.   I opted for the Sierra Wireless EM7455 and as a bonus you get GPS Smiley Happy.  

Let me know if you have any questions!

Did you install any software from Sierra Wireless to use GPS or did you just download the em7455 driver from Lenovo and use built-in Windows 10 capabilities?

guho
SCSI Port
Views: 1,309
Message 28 of 45

@kanthai wrote:

OLED panel. The part when you remove the OLED panel, just pry along the edge with plastic prying tool, pushing the panel down like they showed in the video with LCD panel didn't work. There are many clips along the way, so proceed with patience and caution. The antenna with red cable go into left socket underneath OLED panel. Just remove any adhesive backing and place it in position, then connect the sensor cable on the left antenna (the black one with many tiny cables) to the adjacent connector on the sensor board on the right. Route the cable along the cable guide (you can see the grey WLAN cable, use that as reference). Stop at the hinge, then proceed with the right blue cable antenna. You need to route the blue cable ON TOP of the black WLAN cable (there are enough space, believe me) until you reach the hinge. Screw the hinge onto the case, then route the red cable and black cable along the cable guide on the case. Do the same with blue and grey cable, then put everything back together in the reverse order. Before you close the rear cover, put the Enjoy.

I finally did the installation last night. Your instructions were an invaluable addition to the Lenovo videos! I would probably still be there trying to push the panel down if it weren't for your approach. Many thanks for your detailed writeup.

I chose the em7455 and everything is working great. It took a long time as I took it slowly. Good news is that I did not break or scratch anything. Even the little plastic clips survived. I wonder what the cable from WWAN antenna to sensor board does. I can't understand its purpose. I did not see any WWAN-related switches or LEDs on the notebook.

_AD_
Paper Tape
Views: 1,298
Message 29 of 45

Just the driver/software package on the Lenovo site. I noticed that after installing, I was able to get a very accurate lock on things like Windows 10 Maps and Bing Maps in Microsoft Edge.
Mrt007
Paper Tape
Views: 1,291
Message 30 of 45

Hi.

Where did you get the antennae GPS cable?  I bought the card and the antennae kit from lenovo and both did NOT have the GPS cable.  (The other cables were present)

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors