Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Blueshift
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,113
Message 41 of 45

Re: X1 Yoga OLED WWAN/NFC Questions

Does anyone have the NFC part numbers handy?  I've looked everywhere and the only P/N's I found were old/discontinued.

I also can't seem to find a way to get the lenovo spare parts website to list parts for the X1 Yoga 2nd Gen because it only allows searching by serial number. :-/

Gjel
Punch Card
Views: 1,086
Message 42 of 45

Beware of PWM brightness control at low 200Hz (that was at 1st version) - its really spoils your eyes!

Also I don't find a promised CPUs with IrisGraphics,,,

Blueshift
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,026
Message 43 of 45

Anyone know the best way to get part numbers for the NFC hardware?  The parts doesn't seem to show a good way of searching by model, and I don't have a serial number of a unit that has it already.

TheSteve
Punch Card
Views: 352
Message 44 of 45

Thought I'd bring this thread back from the dead to say that I successfully installed a EM7455 WWAN card in my 2nd gen Yoga X1 OLED. 

I found the Lenovo videos very helpful. The screen comes apart very easily if you know what to do. I found the best way was to put the hinges at 180 degrees from the screen and then hold the screen upright with it resting on the hinges. You can then slide the LCD side of the screen downward a small amount - I think it is much easier to get it to slide with is being upright versus sitting flat on your work surface. It took almost no force with gravity wanting to pull it down. Once it slides a little the bottom clips are already released and you can just work your way along the edges with a spudger. The clips pop very easily as long as the screen has been slid down.

I used an EM7455 with part # 00JT547 - a seller had a bunch for a great price on ebay so I took a chance on one. It also had the communication serial port already activated which was nice.

I also noticed a bunch of sellers selling the EM7455 out of china with a WWAN antenna kit. I don't recommend this as they are not the proper antennas. The proper antenna kit for the Yoga X1 (01AW958) has an active antenna which has a power connector.

Does anyone know if there is a way to change the default behavior of the F8 hotkey with Win 10? Right now it turns on airplane mode, I much preferred the popup menu with Win 7 that let you easily toggle on/off all radios in the machine.

Striker317
Token Ring
Views: 190
Message 45 of 45

@Blueshift wrote:

Does anyone have the NFC part numbers handy?  I've looked everywhere and the only P/N's I found were old/discontinued.

I also can't seem to find a way to get the lenovo spare parts website to list parts for the X1 Yoga 2nd Gen because it only allows searching by serial number. :-/

NFC was never available for any USA X1 Yoga 2nd gen model.

If you want to add NFC to X1 Yoga 2nd gen, here is what you need

• NFC cable between NFC module and motherboard - Lenovo part number sc10m90411 (can get just this cable on ebay or as part of Lenovo FRU 01HY997 - Base Misc kit,RV2)
  • NFC module - Lenovo FRU 01AX745 - Wireless, NFC, FXN, NPC300 (easy to get from Lenovo or ebay)
  • NFC antenna - Lenovo FRU 01AX831 - NFC Antenna,Dexerials (substitutes 01AX993 02HK819 02HK820 01YR509 or 01ER019) (easy to get from Lenovo or ebay)

All FRU are available from Lenovo.

The NFC cable took forever to get because I didn't have the exact part number.  I ordered the Lenovo FRU 01HY997 which comes with the NFC cable, along with a bunch of other misc parts. This took over 6 months to arrive.  Now that I see the part number, it is much more quickly attainable from eBay.

You may be able to get all the parts cheaper from eBay so shop around.

For assembly/disassembly instructions

X1 Yoga 2nd Gen Parts Listing

Complete X1 Yoga 2nd Gen FRU list

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors