cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tensor
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,599
Message 1 of 15

X1 Yoga OLED brightness issues (unable to adjust)

Until now everything was working perfect. I did a driver update today, which includes the latest display driver, and now I am unable to adjust the brightness. I tried to uninstalled the display and monitor driver but nothing works.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem. It looks like it was coming with the latest driver update from today.

Thanks in advance

Leibo
Paper Tape
Views: 1,541
Message 2 of 15

Re: X1 Yoga OLED brightness issues (unable to adjust)

I'm having the same problem.  Tech support has not been helpful.  The solutions offerred here on the forum has not worked.  

tensor
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,535
Message 3 of 15

After reading all the articles on the internet, I installed all drivers serveral times, but nothing helped. I used Apple for nearly thirteen year (since 1986), but this type of error has never happened to any of my computers. Its very frustraiting if you try a Windows notebook for the very first time, spending a lot of money and then get this level of quality. Before I brougth the X1 I tried the XPS last year. After a month I send it back because it hat also a massive display driver issue. I thought a have a reliable business notebook. Now I have the fear that my OLED display gets damaged because of the 100% brightness. I hope they can fix this issue as soon as possible. 

Yamadajr
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,503
Message 4 of 15

I am also having the same issue for an X1 Yoga 1st Gen OLED of not being able to adjust the screen brightness (seems to be stuck at 100%). This started after installing this latest Intel Graphics Driver for Win 10 64bit.

Version        Build ID    Rev.  Issue Date
  -------------  --------    ----  ----------
  21.20.16.4718  N1CDT38W    01    2017/07/18

Does anyone have this previous Build below to reinstall since device manager does not allow me to rollback?

21.20.16.4550  N1CDT35W    01    2017/04/26

Thanks.

tensor
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,487
Message 5 of 15

I did it yesterday evening, but this doesn't work anymore. Maybe it is necessary to make a clean Windows 10 installation and then downgrade the driver. By the way my finger print reader also doesn't work anymore. I think this happened a few Lenovo updates before. But this is a different story. 

Highlighted
Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 1,456
Message 6 of 15

Sorry for this trouble.  We will check it.

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 1,430
Message 7 of 15

What I found out is that this driver update (n1cdt38w) is not for OLED screen.  It was our mistake to release it.  I'm really sorry for this inconvenience.

The previous driver should work.  After download EXE from below link, run it to extract the driver.  Then, go to the folder where it was extracted and run Setup.exe (this part has to be done manually).  Reboot as prompted, and the issue should be fixed. 

readme:  https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/mobiles/n1cdt35w.txt

download:  https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/mobiles/n1cdt35w.exe

sp333
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,419
Message 8 of 15

Tried this, no good. What am I missing?
sp333
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,417
Message 9 of 15

I went back and uninstalled the intel graphics driver under programs and features, that seemed to fix the problem
Leibo
Paper Tape
Views: 1,403
Message 10 of 15

My driver intel graphics 520 driver is:  22.20.16.4718

Do you think the driver is causing the issue with my computer???

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors