cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
basilikum
Paper Tape
Views: 1,439
Message 1 of 8

X1 Yoga OLED: different color profile in full screen?

The display of my X1 Yoga always seems to switch to a different color profile, when I watch something in full screen mode. I use the setting "Standard" in the Lenovo settings app but in full screen it seems to revert to the "Native" settings. I figured that this is probably the case, since I cannot see any difference in full screen mode while actually using the Native settings. I also noticed that if I change the screen brightness while in full screen mode, the image will temporarily (for 1 or 2 seconds) switch back to "Standard". What ca be the problem here? How can I make it use the color profile in full screen mode?

I also noticed that I cannot use the setting "Custom" at all. If I try to use it and to change a value, my screen will just become unreadable with totally mixed-up colors. 

Former Employee
Views: 1,392
Message 2 of 8

Re: X1 Yoga OLED: different color profile in full screen?

Basilikum,

Have you tried updating the Intel Display driver? Doing so may resolve these issues as the native settings issue was resolved in version 21.20.16.4506.

The latest version of the Intel HD Graphics Driver can be downloaded here: http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds105466

Thank you,

basilikum
Paper Tape
Views: 1,377
Message 3 of 8

Hi Amy,

I could have sworn that I already installed the latest driver, but apparently I didn't. So yes, the newest driver seemed to fix it for me. However, now all the color profiles in the Lenovo Settings App don't do anything anymore. But at least I can adjust the color in the HD Graphics Settings. That was also not possible before, because it would always result in a very "patchy" looking image. But anyway, i'm happy enough now Smiley Wink

Thank you.

Former Employee
Views: 1,333
Message 4 of 8

Think Engineering recommends installing the ThinkPad Settings Dependency firmware to resolve the issue with color profiles in Settings on your X1 Yoga system.

This download can be found here: http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds104935

I look forward to your feedback.

Thank you,

basilikum
Paper Tape
Views: 1,295
Message 5 of 8

Thanks, the color profiles work again!

ML1157
Punch Card
Views: 1,041
Message 6 of 8

@Amy_Lenovo wrote:

Think Engineering recommends installing the ThinkPad Settings Dependency firmware to resolve the issue with color profiles in Settings on your X1 Yoga system.

This download can be found here: http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds104935

I look forward to your feedback.

Thank you,

FYI this download link is broken now.

tearlm
What's DOS?
Views: 872
Message 7 of 8

Hello, the link you shared no longer works. Any update?

KS-Lenovo
What's DOS?
Views: 857
Message 8 of 8

Hi,

I'm using the latest video driver but the color profiles are missing, i.e. there used to be color profiles which I can pick from when I right click on the desktop but they are now missing.  Is there a separate color profile I need to download?  Thanks.

ps the firmware download download link you have is broken.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors