Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
muhammadanis
What's DOS?
Views: 2,535
Message 1 of 9

X1 Yoga OLED

Hi, does anyone know expected lauch of X1 Yoga to be available for Sale in USA? - I have been waiting and called few times; and told 2 weeks and than recent calls no news.

Guru
Views: 2,502
Message 2 of 9

Re: X1 Yoga OLED

I was at a local MicroCenter store and they had the X1 Yoga in stock. It also seems to be in stock on lenovos site in the US.

EDIT: I misread the question. I am unsure about the OLED models.

EDIT 2: This thread seems to point to it being delayed to late 2016 or maybe 2017

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Thinkpad-X1-OLED-Release-date-April/m-p/33116...

I am a volunteer. Please post your questions in the forum, as I will not reply if they are sent in a personal message.

W530(2436-CTO): i7-3720QM, HD4000 + K2000M, 32GB RAM, 1TB, 750GB Ultrabay, 250GB mSATA , Ubuntu 18.04, Ultimate-N 6300.
TP Yoga 14(20FY): i5-6200U, HD 520 + 940M, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Intel Wireless 8260, Ubuntu 18.04
Yoga Home 900(27ibu): i7-5500, HD5500 + 940A, 8GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Windows Insider Fast
Guru
Views: 2,482
Message 3 of 9

I called and did online chat.  They said they dont know when OLED or wigig will be available.  Its sad to announce a product in January and here we are in May and they still cant give an estimate of availability.  I've gotten answers varying from it wont be released to June, July, August or September.  Basically they have no idea.

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may help other forum members as well.
TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

nislam3
What's DOS?
Views: 2,388
Message 4 of 9

I asked today about it. One representative said that it will be in the market in late June.

The representative also told me that the OLED version would include DDR4 RAM. It's not offical so the rep could not confirm me but based on press news he said that to me.

I am confused and have some doubt, couldn't rely on what he said because psref website specifies LPDDR3 RAM not DDR4.

Definitely I will like if DDR4 is included in the OLED model. I am waiting for the product!

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 2,075
Message 5 of 9
Ewemb
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,576
Message 6 of 9

I have been asking LENOVO about the availability of the OLED models since the launch in Janurary. Initally told April, then May, then 1st week in June, then on one enquirey was told it would be release that day. My latest enquirey resulted in being told there was now now no expected release date for any OLED models.

I can only surmise that for the forseeable future there will be no OLED models.

Very unprofessional. We rely on graphics in our business and had planned to upgrade to the new X1 YOGA's becacuse of the OLED specification. We feel we have been mislead and had our time wasted.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,564
Message 7 of 9

It is frustrating when delivery dates get postponed.  I saw one of the OLED machines at Lenovo's TechExpo, where they were showing off new products.  I am not a photographer or graphics expert, but I thought the screen looked great.  I had the same impression I had when I saw the first LED backlight screens (vs. CCFL); I thought they were simply better than what they replaced.  Lenovo gets screens, disks, memory, etc. from suppliers.  Lenovo doesn't manufacture them.  They pass on delivery dates based on information from these suppliers, and when suppliers announce delivery delays, it causes these issues.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
allen252
What's DOS?
Views: 1,060
Message 8 of 9

They started shipping end of June.  However, mine, ordered June 20 just had it's shipping delayed AGAIN until August 31.  Until a few days a go I was to receive it today.  VERY FRUSTRATING as my other laptop is overheating due to a bad fan.

Ewemb
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,031
Message 9 of 9

Currently showing a four week delivery wait. I wish LENOVO would come clean with delivery/specification, last thing I need is to spend a lot of money and get nothing for months. Puts one off ordering.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors